Angry Buckeyes Attack a Private Forum

Anyone else from Ohio have this problem, no matter where I go in the forum the header reads "The Angry Buckeyes". It is at least 1/4 of the page height. It is a pro-union anti-government advertisement. I do not care either way, but, put it else where in my private time. In my opinion we should be apolitical and not have to be bombarded by political ads.

It is a very articulate and sophisticated advertisement, here is one of the bullet points

want to text you their plan of attack.
    Carrier message and data rates may apply.

How do we stop this type of advertisement and how does this thing show up on a sporting forum, does anyone else feel this has no place on this forum?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    You may have a virus or other computer problem.

Try a different computer.

It is not a virus, it is a pro-union, anti-Kasich (Ohio Governor) ad. It is an ad, looking for an Ohio address, that is why I asked if anyone else from Ohio had the same issue

+1
    I have not seen that, yet.

+1
    does it show up here? I'll block it if you can provide the url the ad points to.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Anyone else from Ohio have this problem, no matter where I go in the forum the header reads "The Angry Buckeyes". It is at least 1/4 of the page height. It is a pro-union anti-government advertisement. I do not care either way, but, put it else where in my private time. In my opinion we should be apolitical and not have to be bombarded by political ads.

It is a very articulate and sophisticated advertisement, here is one of the bullet points

want to text you their plan of attack.
    Carrier message and data rates may apply.

How do we stop this type of advertisement and how does this thing show up on a sporting forum, does anyone else feel this has no place on this forum?
    They are google ads. The ad content comes from the cookies on your computer. Seems like Mike will take care of you on it but many many other sites use the same ad banner from google. Best way is to clear cookies...

A different example = I always get ads on this forum for Insulin Pumps. I am getting them because I have searched/read articles on the subject from this computer so they (google) figure thats the best way to reach me.

Go to Amazon and search for a camera or video equipment and soon enough you will see ads for those types of products.

+1
    If you click the privacy link at the bottom of the forum you can opt out of tracking by google. Let me know the URL, don't click on it if possible.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTrin View Post
    ... you can opt out of tracking by Google...
    Advertising and Privacy - Google Privacy Center

Google also offers a number of options to permanently save your opt-out settings in your browser.

In addition, Google allows third party advertisers to serve ads on the Google Display Network. Using a tool created by the Network Advertising Initiative, you can opt out of several third party ad servers’ and networks’ cookies simultaneously. (Google also uses cookies for Google Analytics and conversion tracking.
    This will stop the tracking, but you may need to kill off the old tracking cookies on your browser.

Thread Information