Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

RPM's and altitude?

Does this seems ok?
    7250 RPM, 95km/h GPS, 32 degrees C, 23 degrees C water temp, humidity 40%, 1660 m alt. Riva ride plate, stock grate, riva sponsons, intercooler mod, stock engine, 92 fuel.

I'v seen some of you posting higher numbers, should I start trouble-shooting?

Kvz

Quote Originally Posted by UltraKvz View Post
    Does this seems ok?
    7250 RPM, 95km/h GPS, 32 degrees C, 23 degrees C water temp, humidity 40%, 1660 m alt. Riva ride plate, stock grate, riva sponsons, intercooler mod, stock engine, 92 fuel

Kvz
    We deal with this all the time all you need is to repitch your impeller acouple of degrees

Does this seems ok?
    7250 RPM, 95km/h GPS, 32 degrees C, 23 degrees C water temp, humidity 40%, 1660 m alt. Riva ride plate, stock grate, riva sponsons, intercooler mod, stock engine, 92 fuel

Kvz
    We deal with the altitude issue all the time all you need is to repitch your impeller acouple of degrees
    RT

+1
    Does this seems ok?
    7250 RPM, 95km/h GPS, 32 degrees C, 23 degrees C water temp, humidity 40%, 1660 m alt. Riva ride plate, stock grate, riva sponsons, intercooler mod, stock engine, 92 fuel.

Kvz
    not great numbers for super charged.

+1
    Forgot to say charger at 10psi on the dot(according to stock meter). Hear you guys talk about 11.5 psi. Do you also think it may be the altitude? Like that since brand new.

+1
    Forgot to say charger at 10psi on the dot(according to stock meter). Hear you guys talk about 11.5 psi. Do you also think it may be the altitude? Like that since brand new.
    You best bet would be to check with one that ride the same altitude, but 10lbs seem pretty low,and this should be why it only rev to 7250rpm, have you check all your hose clamp from the sc to the intake?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by brisyl View Post
    You best bet would be to check with one that ride the same altitude, but 10lbs seem pretty low,and this should be why it only rev to 7250rpm, have you check all your hose clamp from the sc to the intake?
    Took out the cooler before last run and flushed it internally, also did the bov-ajust acording to skips specs, secured(double checked) all the hoses from the supercharger to the intake. No noticeable diffrence. The only hose clamp I did not check was the one infront of the charger under the outlet of the engine. Could'nt reach it. But did not think it would matter too much as it was on the intake-side of the charger. I love my ski but will love it even more if I could get the same numbers I've seen on this forum, without compromising reliabillity.

+1
    Took out the cooler before last run and flushed it internally, also did the bov-ajust acording to skips specs, secured(double checked) all the hoses from the supercharger to the intake. No noticeable diffrence. The only hose clamp I did not check was the one infront of the charger under the outlet of the engine. Could'nt reach it. But did not think it would matter too much as it was on the intake-side of the charger. I love my ski but will love it even more if I could get the same numbers I've seen on this forum, without compromising reliabillity.
    Is there somebody else around your place that you can compare to? to see if they are running that low. You may have a SC problem

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by brisyl View Post
    Is there somebody else around your place that you can compare to? to see if they are running that low. You may have a SC problem
    I'm the only Ultra in town. The nearest Kawa-dealer sells bikes and no ski's. The place is full of Sea-Doo's and a few Yamaha's. Raced a RPX the other day and he was able to slowly pull away from me. Afterwards the guy on the Doo said his speedo(not GPS) read 110 km/h. Did not check mine as I know it's always lying! Another guy on a Doo with a stage 3 kit say he can reach 130km/h.

+1
    Does this seems ok?

Kvz
    First time ever posted in the Kawi section. LOL

What caught my attention was the altitude/rpm title as i know a bit about that subject. (RAD)

1660 meters is 5,500 ft.
    32 celcius is 90 degrees F.
    With 5,500 ft elevation, 90 degrees air, and 40 % humidity your corrected air density will be between 8,000 to 9,000 ft above sea level.

That will change horse power drastically.
    On a Doo we will see 100 rpm decrease for ever 1,000 ft in elevation, therefore i would have to assume you could be down 800 - 900 rpm from what it would be at sea level.

NOt sure what your max rpm are suppose to be on your ski but your RAD (relative air density) is very high and will change power alot.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information