Thread: price advice

Exclamation price advice

hello, new to the forums,
    not new to riding ski's, but havent had one for many years.
    i would like to get back to the water with another ski
    question is:
    i really like the 2008 seadoo rxpx, i have found one near my area but am concerned about the price. nadaguide.com sets the average retail for this ski cover and trailer for $7682.
    the ski is sitting outside a custom cycle shop, im guessing a trade in for a harley, there asking price is 8999 with trailer and cover included. 65 hours in the ski, looks to be in good shape.
    is this price a little high? what would you guys see is a fair counter offer in it.

thanks in advance for any information

+1
    Fair offer would be $7800 ish. IF everything checks out on it. Be sure to start it and let it run for a few seconds. Ask if you can hook it up to the hose and run it. Remember, start it first then cut the water on. Cut water off first then the ski. If you do get it, change the wear ring, rebuild the SC with a viton seal and send your prop to be checked out. Jerry can do all 3 for you.

Be sure to show them the NADA value and that 7800 is a fair offer. If they could come down to 8000 it wouldn't be a bad deal. It's an amazing fast machine and you will love it.

Jerry is the man when it comes to rebuilds. Fast and inexpensive.

Rebuild info is here ---> http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/sea-...d-service.html

Viton Seal info is here ----> http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/sea-...s-c-seals.html

Rebuild kit is here ----> OEM Supercharger Rebuild Kit for 215 and 255 HP Units [881 101] - $310.00 : PWCPerformance.com

Viton Seal is here ----> Viton Supercharger Oil Seal [Viton Seal] - $25.00 : PWCPerformance.com

Wear ring is here ----> OEM Wear Ring for 215 & 255 HP Skis [267000372] - $63.49 : PWCPerformance.com

Oh, by the way..... Welcome to the forum.

Here is another thread on mods just in case the bug bites you. ----> http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/sea-...video-gps.html

Same ski as the one you are looking at. Hope this helps.

+1
    I would hold off on that deal if I were you, there a still a few dealers here and there sitting on 08 inventory. I've personaly heard of quite a few guys that got out the door with an 08 X boat for 9k ish.

Now of course 8999 may be their starting point, so you may have some room to wheel and deal. Don't be afraid to print out the NADA report on that model and get in the dealers face with it....be assertive, dealers smell passiveness.

Welcome to the Hulk bro...

+1
    Hey Mag, welcome to the forum. The price you quoted sounds a little high; personally I've always found NADA & Kelly's high retail a little above average. As a measuring stick, you can check out this forums SeaDoo Classified Section.

I found a modded '08 P-X that maybe you could compare to: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/sea-...8-08-rxpx.html

Of course, sometimes, price may vary by region. Do your homework and be patient. In this economy it may turn out to be a buyer's market.

Again, welcome to the 'Hulk, and good luck.

Wesley Chapel, FL. Y L Isla Del Encato PR.
    Quote Originally Posted by WOT 88 View Post
    I would hold off on that deal if I were you, there a still a few dealers here and there sitting on 08 inventory. I've personaly heard of quite a few guys that got out the door with an 08 X boat for 9k ish.

Now of course 8999 may be their starting point, so you may have some room to wheel and deal. Don't be afraid to print out the NADA report on that model and get in the dealers face with it....be assertive, dealers smell passiveness.

Welcome to the Hulk bro...
    I tried finding this deal and could not find it. Can you tell us what dealer you seen this price at. I am intrested in one as well..

Anyone looking for a new 08 rxpx might look up America's Motorsport #615-859-7292. I just picked one up for 8983 with a buck fifty for doc. fee. Do not know anything about there business practices except that the ski was as advertised.

They had said they were taking new ones from around the country and mine was one of three when I was picking up. New to the site as well, should be fun getting to know this new ski.

Thread Information