Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37
  1. #1
    John FZSupercharged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    92

    FZS loud exhaust

    Just like to share some info on my ski. I took the stock waterbox and on the inlet side where the weld is i cut the box open. Where that wall is with the two holes in it...which is the whole baffle. I took a plasme cutter and cut the whole wall out .....starting on the outer edge of the baffle where it is welded inside to the inner wall of the box. Then the outer exhaust pipe in the box i cut in flush with the top on the box on the inside. I will post video of how it sounds this evening or 2moro matters how work goes. I will get new speed numbers if any this weekend. So stay tuned to see if u like how it sounds.....i just didnt feel like spending the extra 300-400 on a aftermarket box. Yea yea every one says it wont perform like the riva or tdr.....but i will see against my buddy that has everything that i have but he has a riva box...so we will see this weekend if that statement is true!!....Current mods are thru hull exhaust, riva intake, intake manifold upgrade. Last summer/fall my gps number was 71.3 and bangin the hell out of the limiter....So with this exhaust and the R2(Summer gift) and new prop hope to be around 77.


  2. #2
    305coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    cape coral, florida USA
    Posts
    2,363
    +1
    55
    what you did is equivalent to a TDR box, its gonna be loud!!

  3. #3
    John FZSupercharged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    92
    yea i want it loud as hell it doesnt bother me i have a 5.7 tundra with long tube headers and thats it...so yea i love loudness...lol....when i took the box off and crank the ski up i was like WHOA .....awesome...lol.....so yea im hopin it will be...and yea i have done a lot of research and that is wht tdr and (riva in a way of not having a baffle).....i mean i paid my buddy 20 bucks....really 20 vs 300.....that means the difference will go to the intake grate and ride plate. Since everyone is scared of the stock intake grate....just hang on and enjoy the ride...lol...thanks for ya input

  4. #4
    Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    5,563
    +1
    169
    why do people always think loud equates to more power?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Miami, Florida, United States
    Posts
    306
    +1
    4
    loud is annoying!

  6. #6
    305coco's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    cape coral, florida USA
    Posts
    2,363
    +1
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by FZSupercharged View Post
    Since everyone is scared of the stock intake grate....just hang on and enjoy the ride...lol...thanks for ya input

    john change that grate, these ski's are top heavy, if it decides to throw you off theres no way your gonna hold on to it, and if you manage to hold on to it you might roll it over at 60-70 mph.. itll get ugly real fast. beleive me i have first hand experience at this chit.

  7. #7
    John FZSupercharged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    92
    Region8Ultra250X............ didnt say louder was faster i was just sayin i like my ski and my toys to be loud....i was just sayin that i didnt see the justice of me payin 300-400 dollars for a exhaust and get no performance, most people on this site have even said they got very lil to no performance gain with the riva or tdr...they mostly got it for the sound!..And if its loud to you or any one stay away from me or find another lake to ride....Im sure everyone on my lake will not have a problem since there are boats tht sound like monster trucks on my lake..Im not too worried bout the rollover i rode my friends RXP and his intake grate broke while i was ridin approx. 60 mph and yea it hurt but luckly i didnt break or tear nething...but yea i am def changin it anyway....Thanks again 305

  8. #8
    AWA MEMBER
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Currituck, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    4,616
    +1
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by FZSupercharged View Post
    Region8Ultra250X............ didnt say louder was faster i was just sayin i like my ski and my toys to be loud....i was just sayin that i didnt see the justice of me payin 300-400 dollars for a exhaust and get no performance, most people on this site have even said they got very lil to no performance gain with the riva or tdr...they mostly got it for the sound!..And if its loud to you or any one stay away from me or find another lake to ride....Im sure everyone on my lake will not have a problem since there are boats tht sound like monster trucks on my lake..Im not too worried bout the rollover i rode my friends RXP and his intake grate broke while i was ridin approx. 60 mph and yea it hurt but luckly i didnt break or tear nething...but yea i am def changin it anyway....Thanks again 305



    Dude, I gotta ride with you.....where in NC do you live?

  9. #9
    John FZSupercharged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    92
    live in Harnett county...but i ride at Harris Lake (Wake County)...i plan on goin this sat or sunday matter how the weather is. Glad to see a fellow NC member

  10. #10
    AWA MEMBER
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Currituck, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    4,616
    +1
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by FZSupercharged View Post
    live in Harnett county...but i ride at Harris Lake (Wake County)...i plan on goin this sat or sunday matter how the weather is. Glad to see a fellow NC member


    Mine is apart, intake manafold mod.....I live in Currituck county quite far from you.....but another member I ride with lives down there I will be in Wake county this summer

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Riva FZS Rear Exhaust Kit Tips......
    By RIVERA RACING in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-04-2015, 08:03 PM
  2. Question.....Riva FZS Rear Exhaust
    By RIVERA RACING in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-23-2015, 10:40 PM
  3. WTB Riva FZR/FZS Rear Exhaust Kit
    By 1BADSTV in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-27-2015, 09:13 PM
  4. Anyone have a fzr/fzs aftermarket exhaust?
    By fzs13 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-02-2013, 04:29 PM
  5. Kawasaki X2 has very loud exhaust.
    By Millah in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-29-2012, 11:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •