Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Rideplate removal tips?

I looked and searched and have not seen any how to threads on removing an rxp rideplate. I understand it's a basic job but I'm trying to find any tips and tricks to making this easier.

It already looks like it can be tricky just disconnecting the coolant hoses on the inside of the hull!

Thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blk turbo! View Post
    I looked and searched and have not seen any how to threads on removing an rxp ride plate. I understand it's a basic job but I'm trying to find any tips and tricks to making this easier.

It already looks like it can be tricky just disconnecting the coolant hoses on the inside of the hull!

Thanks!
    Drain the coolant, disconnect the 2 coolant hoses, and remove the plastic connectors the hoses were attached to (the VTS tool fits perfectly), and don't loose the large o-rings.

Remove ride plate bolts. Use a small bottle jack (the jack from a Chevy/GMC truck works great) and with 2 pieces of wood; under and over the jack. Work the jack slowly, and as the ride plate is lowered use a sharp knife to cut the silicone, especially near the front.

+1
    Disconnect the coolant lines first or you might break the fittings on plate.
    Use Vehicle Jack with wood on both ends.
    Place Jack on top ride plate and seperate plate from Hull.
    You will need to cut the silicone arround plate.

Does that help?

Thanks for the replies......

Oh I can't tell you the fun Im having getting these stupid funk clamps off the coolant hoses! Why skimp on the worm gear clamps here?!?! Fukn pissed......oh, and this is even with the IC out!

Yea, I saw the bottle Jack in the manual. That'll be fun buying one of those just to do a freakn rideplate! Hmmm never needed a bottle Jack for my 96 Polaris!

Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    Drain the coolant, disconnect the 2 coolant hoses, and remove the plastic connectors the hoses were attached to (the VTS tool fits perfectly), and don't loose the large o-rings.

Remove ride plate bolts. Use a small bottle jack (the jack from a Chevy/GMC truck works great) and with 2 pieces of wood; under and over the jack. Work the jack slowly, and as the
    ride plate is lowered use a sharp knife to cut the silicone, especially near the front.
    Looking for tool now to remove those plasic posts the hoses were on. WTF size are those?

+1
    They put those clamps just for the reason they don't come off. Lol

Alot of vehicle jacks will work.
    The one for the spare tire.

You can leave them on plate.
    Just don't put them in a bind.

Do the plastic posts HAVE to come off first??? And are the bastards reverse threads or normal?

What size deep socket do I need to remove them?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blkturbo! View Post
    Looking for tool now to remove those plasic posts the hoses were on. WTF size are those?
    If you have a neighbor with a Chevy/GMC truck, ask to use the bottle jack. Use the VTS tool to remove the plastic fittings. If you don't have a VTS tool, use a large adjustable wrench. On those clamps.....just lift the end off the locking tab with a screw driver and work it towards the crimp.....be gentle.

Hoses have been removed. Don't have a VTS tool or know what it is. Crescent wrench flares open with slightest torque given. Deep socket would be nice if I knew what size. Neighbor don't have bottle Jack. Gonna try regular Jack.

+1
    Jack it straight down and don't worry about removing fittings. There siliconed up and you might break or strip them trying to get them off.
    Jmo

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information