Is this high for for fiberglass repair/paint?

I have a gp1300r that needs some fiberglass repair up front from damage from previous owner. There are basically 3 cracked areas around the eye, with one almost all the way through. The eye will have to be removed to repair this. The waverunner also has some scratches on it that i want gone. I went to a local place for an estimate. They quoted me at $1,035 to repair all of the cracks, and repaint the front and sides of the waverunner, as well as polish the rest of it. They quoted 8.5 hours alone just for the repair/refinish of the front end. $80 an hour.

Is this high?

Huntsville Al
    I just repaired a hole on my 03 1300R just down from the front eye were the hull makes the V. i had to reform the V from the 3.5'' hole, the previous owner had repaired the sides with some kind of filler. after all the sanding and repairs i have more than 10 hours in labor not curing time and still have to wet sand and tape before painting. if they are supplying all paint, epoxies and fillers thats not a bad quote. just research the paint they use and the epoxy. I used west systems epoxy on mine and genesis paint on my 1200 but i used Yamaha racing blue. i am still having trouble finding the white paint for the bottom of my 1300 the genesis brand doesn't offer the code to match the factory code on the ski.

I used briteside paint on my gpr. It matched the white perfect. It has a high gloss and sprayed on easy in my garage with an air compressor and gravity feed gun. The brand is INTERLUX BRIGHTSIDE PAINT just google it on the net.

Thread Information