Carbon Tech Reeds

Hi guys, I'm looking to upgrade my motor a bit and one of the things I'm gonna do is the reeds. I'm just wondering what anyone might know about the Carbon Tech reeds? I'm sure they're probably not as good as a set of V Force reeds but things are a little tight and I wanna ride later this month... I'm also wondering if it'd be worth to go with the Carbon Tech or if a reed stuffer might just do the same thing for me. Thanks for anyone's help.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by agk583 View Post
    Hi guys, I'm looking to upgrade my motor a bit and one of the things I'm gonna do is the reeds. I'm just wondering what anyone might know about the Carbon Tech reeds? I'm sure they're probably not as good as a set of V Force reeds but things are a little tight and I wanna ride later this month... I'm also wondering if it'd be worth to go with the Carbon Tech or if a reed stuffer might just do the same thing for me. Thanks for anyone's help.
    Carbon Techs work well, they just dont last very long

I would go with carbon techs and stuffers

+1
    if you use the carbon tec,get a spacer plate that will pull them back you will get better life out of them,lowell has them,mabey oside bill

+1
    i have carbon tech's here for a yamaha 1200/1300 if that is what you want. discounted price.

i persoanlly like the carbon techs. in testing we have done here ( in kawis though) they worked better than the V-force. we had problems with the V-2's in the kawis comming a part, and destroying motors.

please email, or call the shop if i can help. thank you

I think I may already have a spacer plate for the reeds... Is it almost an inch thick and it's two pieces and it has channels in the thicker piece and it seems like it would be to make the air flow all even for all 3 cylinders? Also you say they don't last very long... How long could i expect to get out of a set? A season in NJ?

+1
    well stock setup has what your taking about,if ya call lowell well the guy is worth spending time/money with tell him your from green hulk and and maybe password for help-he really is great guy-pm me and will give phone # or look up 2-stroke porting
    would give ya woody's # but it's spring and mating season for sheep and he's full up !!

Thread Information