Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Touring downtown Chicago by water

I was wondering if anyone has launched at the Belmont harbor and rode down to the Chicago River lock just south of Navy pier and actually rode up the Chicago river on a PWC? Do they allow jet skis in the lock? Or is there a closer place to launch than up at Belmont? Any help would be great.

+1
    Get ahold of MRBTD, he launches from around that area quite a bit..he is your man to ask about this..

+1
    Will do that, thanks

Skis are allowed in the locks, just follow the right of way rules. I ride down from Winnetka to the city. It is a fun ride in good conditions and a workout every other day. LOL

2x 2004 Seadoo RXP. Milwaukee, Wisconsin. wisconsin_quat's Avatar
    subscribed! love going down and skiing near navy pier, although I have not ventured past the pier. This summer I plan on taking the ski's or the speedster up the chicago river. wondering if there are any good places to stop for food or a drink along the way? I'm still trying to figure out how to make the experience in chicago a little more interactive? It's such a shame that there are no piers or areas where you can pull your ski up to and hop up on the beach (at least not at north ave beach...) I do enjoy the chain of lake however, and blarney island in Antioch! Great time! Have only been once last year so much more exploring is about to be underway as soon as we get some nicer weather!! Blarney Island is accessible by boat / jetski only and is a large bar/restaurant with a vacation feel to it...

I'm going to subscribe to this as well. I'd love to take a trip downtown Chicago on the ski.

+1
    I love to take a ride down the Chicago River too..With our open exhausts it should sound bad ass echoing off the buildings...

I thought you could only launch at Diversey on the big pond/Chgo area?

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    I love to take a ride down the Chicago River too..With our open exhausts it should sound bad ass echoing off the buildings...
    I thought it was a no wake zone? I really don't know though just hear say.... but I might be up for it!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VetteTech81 View Post
    I thought it was a no wake zone? I really don't know though just hear say.... but I might be up for it!
    Ya it is....BUT they gotta catch us first...LOL...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information