stock ecu reflash

Hi guys

Has anyone tryed on rxp 215 the stock ecu reflash keeping the stock rev limiter?

What gains can i expect on a stage1 + RR high boost wheel if i do the reflash kepping the stock rev lim and just Optimize the timing and fuel curve

Any input its gona help..

Thanks

Bill

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by maestro View Post
    Hi guys

Has anyone tryed on rxp 215 the stock ecu reflash keeping the stock rev limiter?

What gains can i expect on a stage1 + RR high boost wheel if i do the reflash kepping the stock rev lim and just Optimize the timing and fuel curve

Any input its gona help..

Thanks

Bill
    I don't think you will notice the difference much. I think with a rude fuel controller to adjust your fuel and get optimal fuel ratios will get you almost the same results. I would just go with a Les cooke 9200 reflash and rev at the RPM's that you want. Stock valve springs are safe to about 8300 RPM anything more then that is pushing it. Thought the Les cooke ECU's seem to be at their best above 8600 RPM's or so.

Hi ImAshark

The 9200 are RPM ? If so you can keep the rpm 8200- 8300 with the right prop but when you unhooked in chop??

Thanks for the reply..

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    no when it comes unhooked it goes to the rev limit...of 9200 ...and that is up there...which is ok i guess if you have the valve train done to match ...

seems the only way to get speed on highly modified boats ..is to turn up the rpm... i figure it is due to because of the prop limitations..lower rpm may rip your arms off but the top end just doesnt seem to get there without rpm..

Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    no when it comes unhooked it goes to the rev limit...of 9200 ...and that is up there...which is ok i guess if you have the valve train done to match ...

seems the only way to get speed on highly modified boats ..is to turn up the rpm... i figure it is due to because of the prop limitations..lower rpm may rip your arms off but the top end just doesnt seem to get there without rpm..
    Good info..
    But im not interested so much for the top top speed.
    So,
    for me, the acceleration guy, you think that there is any gain in holeshot and midrange by reflashing the ecu kepping the stock rev limiter and just optimize the fuel and timing curve?

Thread Information