2002 Polaris TXI 1200 Won't Start Help please.

I have a 2002 Polaris txi 1200. Has the ficht fuel pump in it. Read about the pressure regulator falling in the tank. I wasn't getting any fuel pressure coming out the pressure valve when cranking. So i went to take the fuel pump out the tank to find the pressure regulator had fallen in.

Repaired this, Back to normal place, and while the fuel pump assembly was out, i applied 12volts to the pump with my power probe and the pump works fine. Put everything back in. charged the battery, went to crack over again a few time to prime the system. Still getting just crank no start. I don't know where to go from here. My Red light is blinking constantly on the dash. Anyone help me with what is going on please. I would really like to get this baby running. I am a automotive tech so i know alot of about cars but this one is eating me up.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk

Do you now have fuel pressure when you ground the Brown fuel pump wire?

Red light blinking - any Message on the screen like Check Engine, HOT, or Reverse? Does it stop blinking after a few seconds?

Lanyard in place on the handlebar?

Thank you for your help. I hear many good things about you in the pwc.com website. Hopefully we can tackle this problem together. I found the brown wire going to the connector to the fuel pump. When i install the battery, i pinned the brown wire with my power probe 3 and it didn't read a ground nor voltage. When i hit the start button on the switch i watched as the motor would crack over fine, won't start and i got no ground or voltage there. So i went a little further and applied the ground with the power probe and nothing changed motor just cracks won't start. I know this fuel pump is good, i tested it worked fine. Lanyard is in place of the handlebar yes. Is there something i should be checking there? Still every time i go to put the battery in after a good charge the red light is still blinking constantly. I do only have 3 gallons in it, says low fuel. Could it be in limp mode?

I have spark, double checked that. Now i am kinda leaning towards maybe something isn't giving the ground or voltage to the pump? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by deepsouth View Post
    ... I found the brown wire going to the connector to the fuel pump. When i install the battery, i pinned the brown wire with my power probe 3 and it didn't read a ground nor voltage.

... applied the ground with the power probe and nothing changed

... I do only have 3 gallons in it, says low fuel. Could it be in limp mode?

I have spark, double checked that.

Now i am kinda leaning towards maybe something isn't giving ... voltage to the pump?...
    Fuel pump should have 12 volt power all the time. When the Brown wire is NOT grounded, it should also measure battery voltage.

Somewhere there is a break in the fuel pump circuit. Follow the power feed to/from the fuel pump until you find the problem. Check that the fuel pump connector itself (both sides) is clean and free of dielectric grease on the pins, especially if the grease has dried up.

When you had the fuel on the bench for testing, did you disconnect the internal wires between the 'lid' of the fuel pump assembly and the actual fuel pump motor? Is it possible something is loose, broken, or connected wrong?

BTW, pwc.com is an accounting company

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    BTW, pwc.com is an accounting company
    I don't think you want to be talked about at price waterhouse coopers, the fbi fraud squad may come looking for you.

Thread Information