1996 Wave Venture Jet pump question

I have a 1996 Wave Venture 1100 for parts. Does anyone know for certain if its a 155mm or 144mm pump?
    It is my understanding that a larger pump is best for a heavier craft. I am doing an engine swap in a 700lb jet boat with a 90hp 760 engine (originally a waverunner 3 driveline 650cc 144mm pump).
    Before I spend $ sizing and test 144mm impellers I would like to know if I should start out with the 155mm pump and go from there.

Kurt

Two months and fifty views. I no longer need an answer but I did find that this is not the forum to get one.

sorry never saw this one... the 760 uses the 144 pump, the 1200's use the 155 pump.. the 760 can run the 155 pump but must use impellers of less pitch (blaster 2 and 760 ventures) to not overload the motor.. this would work in a ski boat just not as fast if the impeller were to be pitched to the motors output.. a study of the solas or nu-jet line charts would have helped you with this

+1
    I read the forum everyday and never saw this post either...something's going on here. Sorry pjv911 we didn't get you you earlier.

+1
    I only noticed it myself about 3-4 days ago - I just didnt know the answer. Maybe a glitch some where!

But for the record - this is a great place to go for info.... there may not be a response as quick as you'd like, at most 24 hrs or so usually from what I've noticed, but no one ever ignores anyone. And again, that amount of time had to be something wrong some where!

Thanks guys. I ended up going with the 144mm and a 10/16 pitch Hooker from Impros. I am going to try another question on this site. Hopefully someone can help.
    I will start a new post so the title is correct. Its a pitch vs nozzle question.

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by pjv911 View Post
    Thanks guys. I ended up going with the 144mm and a 10/16 pitch Hooker from Impros. I am going to try another question on this site. Hopefully someone can help.
    I will start a new post so the title is correct. Its a pitch vs nozzle question.

Kurt
    didnt see this post either sorry but if you ever need anything in future just pm me and i will get notification on my email and i can get back to you and for clarification this is by far the best forum and source of info you can get-a few of us know these skis with our eyes closed and the rest are eager to learn and help! big mark

Thread Information