Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NFL Football

+1

NFL Football

Now this bites! Economy sucks, high unemployment, gas prices sky rocketing etc. now these over paid cry babies want even more millions! I understand not wanting to play 18 games a season instead of 16 but wanting more money come on! They need to help out all these x players that are broke down and suffering from playing the game invest more money there!

+1
    WOW no comments with the threat of maybe no NFL football this season!

+1
    its really not the players... its the owners of the teams wanting there players to play 2 more games and not give them more money. I dont blame the players in this at all. its like in any job.. you increase the amount you work your pay should also increase. The owners want to take more money and give the players the same.. to me thats not right.

Also i dont personally think they should play 18 games. The only reason for this is for more money. I will bet if they play 18 games you will see even more rules in place with hard hits. To me the NFL is a joke now. You cant even hit anyone anymore with out getting a flag thrown. especially someone like tom brady . if players get anywhere near him a flag is thrown. Why? because of money... like ray lewis said.. they should just put flags on qbs because its embarrassing the calls the are making

+1
    Easy solution to get in 18 games.......Lose 2 of the absolutely useless pre-season games and add 2 regular season games. Now tell me, why can't all of those gazillionare owners think of that ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gators8 View Post
    Easy solution to get in 18 games.......Lose 2 of the absolutely useless pre-season games and add 2 regular season games. Now tell me, why can't all of those gazillionare owners think of that ?
    I agree. They could get rid of the entire preseason and
    add 2 games.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gators8 View Post
    your right but when was the last time you saw starters playing hard during a pre season game? if you add more games your more likely to have more injuries.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderx72 View Post
    your right but when was the last time you saw starters playing hard during a pre season game? if you add more games your more likely to have more injuries.
    You make a good point, but they are playing football and get compensated well. And like I said, the starters don't play hard in pre-season games for one reason.....they are meaningless games.

+1
    Bottom line is then you want to play more games then the owners need to cough up more money simple as that! No more pay no more play can't blame those over paid cry baby players for making a stand!

+1
    The players don't mind getting paid to stand on the sidelines wearing a ball cap and bs'ing around during a pre-season game do they?

Sorry, most pro athletes tick me off. The majority of any sort of pro athlete has "been the man" since high school, everyone looks out for them ,gives them what they want. Never had to have a "regular" job nor had to worry about paying for the basic needs of their family.

I get paid a salary at my job, when the owner (guy that signs my pay check) tells me that my job description has changed and my work load increased with no pay increase, guess what ? I do my damn job !

I would just like to see what kind of jobs that NFL players could get in the real world, considering roughly half actually received their degrees. Then they may rethink griping about that 1 mil+ a year job.

Banned User
    Its gonna be weird if there isn't Lets just all pray there is football

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information