How did I do (prices)

Hello All,
    New here been lurking for a while, great site, a lot of great info....Wish I had the time and $ to mod my ski's like most of you guys.......

I just replaced my '00 and '01 rxdi's with a pair of '08 rxp-x's. Bought them in Virginia from Webster Marine. I had been shopping endlessly for a month and the best I could do anywhere was $10,800 otd ski only w/2 year warranty and they only had one. I had read here that some guy's were getting them for like 9 grand, of course I couldn't find that anywhere this time of year. I called Webster Marine and they had 4 2008's in stock in crates for $10,600 w/ covers, extinquishers & full tanks of gas (which may be worth $200 by then). The kicker was a boat show promotion that extended the warranties to 5 years...

Ya think its a decent deal?

Its done now so I cant really do much now anyway

+1
    For the pair it's a steal. Especially with 5 year warranties, full of fuel, and covers attached with them. They are brand new and think of it as this. You probably paid close to 9500 for each plus taxes and stealer fee's. That's almost 5400 off of MSRP not including the fuel and covers. I think you did well. Others may not, but I do!

+1
    Oh, by the way, welcome to the forum. It is a great place to find all the information you could ever want nor care to want to know. Utilize the search function to answer most of your questions. Do your own maintenance if you feel comfortable with it. Oil changes, wear rings, etc. In regards to the 10 hour service which is required (warranty purposes), talk to the dealer and see if he can reset your Service code instead of doing the FULL service. It will save you time and money. Be sure to change your oil at that time. Kit can be found here ---> Sea Doo 4-Tec Oil Change/Maintenance Kit [295501075] - $68.99 : PWCPerformance.com it comes with everything you need.

Also, DO NOT USE THE LEARNER KEY during the break in period. Stay away from long bursts of WOT. No longer than 2-3 sec's at most. This will allow the engine to break in properly and the seals, rings, etc... to set properly to prevent issues down the road. Go out and cruise. Be sure to allow the ski to warm up before getting on it. 3-5 mins (usually long enough to get out of a 'no wake zone'. Enjoy them. Wear some bug repellent because when the bug bites, it bites hard.

Pump, prop, wear ring removal instructions here ----> http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/sea-...-swapping.html

Oil change instructions here ---> http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/sea-...il-change.html

Wear rings found here ---> http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=518

Wesley Chapel, FL. Y L Isla Del Encato PR.
    I think you did good. Enjoy them now.

There was a dealer last summer that had a brand new leftover 08 RXP in the 9k range...wish I would of bought it now. The one I'm contemplating on buying now (another 08 left over RXP) is asking $10,350 before tax. With trailer OTD I think they said $11,600 or something, sound about right? Think I could weasel in a free cover at that price? Oh this is not a RXP-X but a RXP 215...

you did well cause most dealers want at least 9800-10500 plus all the extras

+1
    Welcome to the forum.

I dont think you did to bad.

Thread Information