Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What impeller is right for my ski?

My 2001 GPR has a speedwerx head (150psi), Pro-Tec intake grate, ride plate, PPK, and D-plate. I couldnt figure out why i couldn't get the ski above 60mph. I found the problem yesterday. It has a stock impeller that is not in the best of shape. One of the blades is bent and there are a couple of dings in it. I need to replace it but not sure what to go with. I was thinking of a solas concord 13/19 but chatting with another member on here he said that with the mods my ski has this prop isnt right for the ski. I know the 14/20 is too much prop. He suggested a Solas 13/20SB prop from Riva. What do you guys think?

+1
    why wouldn't the concord 13/19 work?...that's just right for that ski...you have 150 psi compression...how many RPMs were you spinning before?

The concord may work just fine. From what I've read online that is the perfect prop for that ski, but since I can't find one used I want to be sure to buy the right prop the first time. I bought the ski with the head already on it so - have no way of knowing what RPM's it was turning before the head. Believe me, had I had a choice in the head I wouldn't have used the Speedwerx that's on it. I would have gone with Riva or R&D. I know the 14/20 is going to be too much prop for it but don't want the 13/19 to be too little prop for it. That is why I'm curious about this 13/20 setback prop from Riva. I guess I will have to call them tomorrow to get their recommendation.

+1
    I've got a good 13/19 and can tweak it if you what (no set back) pm if what

cd

...other factors to consider:

1. Do you do wave jumpng? If so the 13/19 would be better for low/mid burst of speed/acceleration.

2. What size is ur reduction nozzle? Stock is 87 5 degree I believe. So that's gonna help with ur holeshot as well as top speed, which imo translates into the 14/20 bieng doable (ur 150 psi head/d-plate is helping that for sure).

3. What kind of grate is the protec-top end or bottom end? I'm not familiar with that one but have the bottom-end/1200 grate on my stage 2 gp1300 (using the dynafly 14/20) as well as my 1200xlt. They load-up the pump just nicely. It's entirely possible that overstuffing ur pump could create too much of a load for the 14/20 but would have to defer to other experts on that one... .

4. Weather conditions/hi heat and humity will make the 14/20 a little harder to turn in some cases. Turning a 14/20 for ur mods listed will require more of a precise fuel/air mixture and the carb tuning fudge factor margin for error will be more pronounced v. the 13/19. So it depends on ur location and temperature swings... .

5. Do you want to install an aftermarket flame arrester or gut ur air box? If so it will give you help with ur accelration for the 14/20 but you'll have to at least remove ur tamper caps from your carbs to richen your mixture.

6. Do you want to intall a Free-Flow tube or jetworx mod? If so, all things considered you could run the 14/20 but at least put a FF tube on it to help turn it out of the hole. Both of those mods give you bottom-end (FF takes a little - 1to2 mph-from the top-end though).

Maybe the 13/20 setback is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by jim mcgreehan View Post

1. Do you do wave jumpng? If so the 13/19 would be better for low/mid burst of speed/acceleration.

2. What size is ur reduction nozzle? Stock is 87 5 degree I believe. So that's gonna help with ur holeshot as well as top speed, which imo translates into the 14/20 bieng doable (ur 150 psi head/d-plate is helping that for sure).

3. What kind of grate is the protec-top end or bottom end? I'm not familiar with that one but have the bottom-end/1200 grate on my gp1300 (using the dynafly 14/20) as well as my 1200xlt. They load-up the pump just nicely. It's entirely possible that overstuffing ur pump could create too much of a load for the 14/20 but would have to defer to other experts on that one... .

4. Weather conditions/hi heat and humity will make the 14/20 a little harder to turn. So it depends on ur location... .

5. Do you want to install an aftermarket flame arrester or gut ur air box? If so it will give you help with ur accelration for the 14/20 but you'll have to at least remove ur tamper caps from your carbs to richen your mixture.

6. Do you want to intall a Free-Flow tube or jetworx mod? If so, all things considered you could run the 14/20 but at least put a FF tube on it to help turn it out of the hole. Both of those mods give you bottom-end (FF takes a little - 1to2 mph-from the top-end though).
    Where is Fullboogie!!!
    and all this info is out here! Where the hell is Dave???

LOL..hey Andy, I was tryin to spread the love and help the dude out. Point well taken though bro.... !

I'm ready to ride!!!! BTW, where's Clint??? A man's got to know his limitations..hehe

LOL..hey Andy, I was tryin to spread the love and help the dude out. Point well taken though bro.... !

I'm ready to ride!!!! BTW, where's Clint??? A man's got to know his limitations..hehe
    nah, no harm intended, we just need fullboogie back...lol...
    almost ready, waiting for a few trinkets and we`ll be done.

3. What kind of grate is the protec-top end or bottom end? I'm not familiar with that one but have the bottom-end/1200 grate on my gp1300 (using the dynafly 14/20) as well as my 1200xlt. They load-up the pump just nicely. It's entirely possible that overstuffing ur pump could create too much of a load for the 14/20 but would have to defer to other experts on that one... .

4. Weather conditions/hi heat and humity will make the 14/20 a little harder to turn in some cases. Turning a 14/20 for ur mods listed will require more of a precise fuel/air mixture and the carb tuning fudge factor margin for error will be more pronounced v. the 13/19. So it depends on ur location... .

1. Not big into wave jumping. I ride on a river that sometimes gets a little choppy but for the most part no big waves, except for the occassional large boat wake. Plus I learned my lesson many years ago jumping surf with my seadoo. Broken motor mounts and exhaust bolts. It just isnt worth it.

2. The reduction nozzle is stock.

3. I'm not sure what type of grate it is but I do know that it is a Pro-Tec grate.It came on the ski when I bought it. As far as I know they only make the one grate. It looks identical to Riva's top loader grate.

4. I live in Va and summers here do get quite hot and humid.

5. I have thought about installing an aftermarket flame arrestor but I dont want to have to rejet my carbs so I may not go that route. I dont really know alot about carbs so I'm a little hesitant about touching them. Have never heard about gutting my stock airbox but would like to know more and what kind of gain I can expect from this. I was thinking of adding the cone style FA to the front of the airbox.

6. I was hoping to add a free flow exhaust and the jet works mod but dont feel comfortable drilling and tapping my pipe. I have been chatting with another member over in the classifieds about a jet works mod he has for sale. He said he has the already tapped pipe that he would sell me as well so all I have to do is install it. Why does the free flow scrub a mile or 2 off top end?

Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    I've got a good 13/19 and can tweak it if you what (no set back) pm if what

cd
    PM'd you about your prop.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information