Polaris Genesis i Cranks but no start.

Hello, I have a Polaris Genesis i 2001 that was working perfectly (like always) but during the last ride it shut-off at idle speed and haven't been able to start it back again. The engine cranks but don't start with no check engine light. So far I have check the fallowing:

-Battery is good 11+ volts while cranking.
    -Display is on while cranking.
    -Tested the Lawnyarn switch, Good.
    -Cleaned the outside of the Crank Positioning Sensor for debris and measures <200 Ohms (+/-150).
    -Presence of spark on spark plug while cranking.
    -Two fuses on electric box with continuity.
    -Found 10.8 volts feeding each of the injectors.
    -All five stator winding all between 0.1 and 0.3 Ohms.
    -TPS sensor measures 1.8K to 8.0K Ohms.

Don't know what else to check other than the fuel pump, don't know how to test it.
    Please, if you have any input of what to check and how to check it please let me know. I got to a dead end.

Thanks.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jealthotru View Post
    ... Polaris Genesis i 2001 ... shut-off at idle speed and haven't been able to start it back again.

...The engine cranks but don't start with no check engine light.

... Found 10.8 volts feeding each of the injectors...
    While cranking, injector voltage on the White/Red wires should be OVER 20 volts.

Sounds like the EMM has a problem, or the stator/flywheel has a problem.

Check the AC voltages coming out of the stator while cranking. Details can be found in the Ficht section from my signature links.

I didn't had the time to work on the Jet Ski last week, so this is what I did today:

.- Checked again the voltage coming from the injectors and I had again around 11 Volts.
    .- Check the voltage coming from the WHT/RED wire while cranking (20 volts).
    .- I was trying to find how to measure the voltage coming from the Stator while cranking but couldn't any information on how to do it. So, I disconnected the EMM and cleaned all the grease from the connectors according to one of you post.
    .- Check all the splice connectors on the WHT/RED and negative BLK wire for any bad connection.
    .- I confirmed that there where no short between ground and the 45V WHT/RED wire by disconnecting completely the EMM.
    .- I re-tightened the big capacitor connector screws.
    .- Cleaned the TPS connector pins.
    Then I took the air filter off and sprayed Engine Starter to fire up the motor. After a couple of tries the engine started and kept working at idle speed. I measured again the voltage injector's voltage at idle speed and now I have 39Volts (short by 6 volts to reach the 45 volts).
    Now, I can turn the motor off and on without problem but it won't accelerate. It only runs at idle speed. Is this the SLOW mode? I checked if by mistake a disconnected the TEMP sensor and it was ok, my voltage is below 45 Volts. I'm lost again!

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

I forgot to mention that now I have the check engine light on.

Start reading up on the throttle position sensor (TPS):

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...45#post1109245

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...28#post1120128

I just got my first injected machine a few weeks ago so I'm new to them...but everything I've read over the years points to the TPS being a usual suspect in problems with these machines.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jealthotru View Post
    .- Checked again the voltage coming from the injectors and I had again around 11 Volts.
    .- Check the voltage coming from the WHT/RED wire while cranking (20 volts).
    Something incorrect going on here. When measuring the White/Red voltage, one voltmeter probe is on White/Red, the other meter probe is on engine ground. All injectors remain plugged in
    Measured voltage should be over 20 volts while cranking.
    There is no voltage 'coming from' the injectors. Only '45 volt' power going in on White/Red and EMM signals that pulse the colored injector wires to ground.

- I was trying to find how to measure the voltage coming from the Stator while cranking but couldn't any information on how to do it.

...- Cleaned the TPS connector pins.
    Then I took the air filter off and sprayed Engine Starter to fire up the motor. After a couple of tries the engine started and kept working at idle speed. I measured again the voltage injector's voltage at idle speed and now I have 39Volts (short by 6 volts to reach the 45 volts).

Now, I can turn the motor off and on without problem but it won't accelerate. It only runs at idle speed.

Is this the SLOW mode? I checked if by mistake a disconnected the TEMP sensor and it was ok, my voltage is below 45 Volts. I'm lost again!

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

I forgot to mention that now I have the check engine light on.
    Well, the engine not responding to the throttle lever suggests the TPS signal isn't working. If you removed and re-installed the TPS, verify that it is indeed correctly positioned on the throttle shaft, and the connector is tight. If that all seems correct, then the TPS has a problem, or the TPS wiring has a problem, or the EMM has a problem.

Stator AC voltages are measured by unplugging the 12-pin connector from the EMM.

Ficht stator testing - ohms, voltages, EMM wiring

Thread Information