Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: need a ski!

need a ski!

i recently was on vacation and rented a ski to go on some safari trip( snorkeling, mangroves) and fell in love with riding it, it was an yami vx110 i believe. even though im new to the game i know that it was low on power! seemed to only go about 38 mph but it might have been governed. it also didnt seem to handle that great. but anyhow i did fall in love with the thrill of riding. since i was little i have always wanted one and now i have ridden it is even worse of a want!.

but here is what im getting at
    i have been looking around and have been thinking about these skis
    gp1300r
    fx sho
    kawasaki 260x

i have leaned away from sea doo as i believe yami and kawasaki have way better offerings in the industry and seem to be making a better product

i would like something fast, sporty and able to handle decently choppy water. i also like to have the acceleration and pure power. the gpr1300 i kinda like because i can get them at good prices. but i like the other two because of there weight and ability to handle rougher water. i have a guy that will sell me two 09' fx sho's for 5,000 with dual tralier and covers!
    give me any suggestions and pros and cons!

+1
    I can't speak for the other Skis but I can tell you that the GPR hull is very good all around. I know alot of people on here have them set up for speed but with some minor tweaks GPR's handle the ruff stuff pretty well. I ride mine about 75% of the time in the ocean pretty much WOT and have not encountered a scenario where I thought I needed a bigger Ski. Where do you plan to ride most of the time? Do you plan on riding 2 up? If you plan on riding 2 up a lot look elsewhere. The GPR is not a 2 person ski regardless of what it says. On anything other then flat water to mild chop you really need to stand to get the most out of the ski or your just going to beat you and your passenger up.

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    $5,000 for 2 '09 FxSHO's and the trailer? That's a screamn' deal! Check into that a little closer.

hahah heck yeah i want to buy just one from the guy for around 2,500! i hope he will do it cause that is the ski i mainly want but its just so expensive,

and i plan on mainly riding solo, and i understand that its a two up machine but its so small and light two on there may get pretty scetchy. and i am into the thrill of riding not really cruising, because i am used to riding the hell outa my atv.
    but with the 2 strokes are they reliable and will it last( i take good care of my stuff) or should i go with the 4 stroker

and i plan on ridng mainly in salt water, (sound, and then hitting the inlet and ocean on calmer days to jump!)

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by zdawg8394 View Post
    i have a guy that will sell me two 09' fx sho's for 5,000 with dual tralier and covers!
    give me any suggestions and pros and cons!
    There has been ads on 2 SHO's with trailer & covers for $5000 posted all over the country and people have replied that it's a big scam.
    Also been posted on pwc today http://www.pwctoday.com/f125/2009-fx-sho-317654.html

Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    There has been ads on 2 SHO's with trailer & covers for $5000 posted all over the country and people have replied that it's a big scam.
    Also been posted on pwc today http://www.pwctoday.com/f125/2009-fx-sho-317654.html
    Wow thanks. That is the same exact listing. He is staying in touch with me but yeah that did sound to good to be true!!!! And it even had the dame engine hour. 13.9 and 14.1 I will see if would the skis( if he has them) to me and if he won't it a scam! Thanks again I knew it was to good

i knew it was to good to be true, yup that is the same listing! and after three emails he already told me we had a deal..... i will ask him to bring the skis the my door to do the deal, he will probably have a good excuse!.
    but anyways, lets get back to the main point, im leaning toward gpr1300 now and was wondering how long will a tank of fuel last? im not poor and looking for fuel econ i just dont wanna have to fill up every 45 mins.!

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    +1
    yep, thats kinda what what I was thinking.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by zdawg8394 View Post
    i am into the thrill of riding not really cruising
    Sounds like you need a GPR. It's not that they are unstable with two people you just cant really go more then 35 mph with out beating you and your passenger. I wouldn't worry to much about reliability if you do the must do's like PV clips,D plate, and switch to premix or make sure your oil lines are clamped on real good. If you keep the oil injection will save lots of money on oil. GPR's eat fuel, can empty a 16 gallon tank in an hour at WOT but you most likely get 1 1/2-2 hours out of a tank.

i will probably keep the injection, it so much easier and like u said saves oil, that the way i have kept my boat. and the gpr seem it will be more fun toying around in the waves and somthing a little more challenging to drive in rougher water?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information