rev limiter cutting at 7700 rpm

Hi guys
    I have an FZR 2010 with full stage 3 and it was crazy fast 81+ all day but I did some internal up grade pistons and roads with the r&d cam's , everything went fine till I go full throttle where I get rev limiter cutting at 7700 rpm with no reason as I can see I look to the log file from the motec and clear it with another map but still it would hit the limiter as it's set to 7700 rpm … any idea ??? as I say it run's great up to the 7700rpm like nothing wrong ..
    Anybody have had the same issue after full rebuild?
    Thanks' I will be back to do complete sensor cheek and full fuel line cheek as well.
    · I know it might be anything go wrong as I have been reading all around the forum for more than 5 hours to find anything useful for my case but no luck only some smaller problem the only thing that might be close is the fuel vent line…
    * i have othere FZR all day 85-86 mile with no issue at all and the boath been worked at the same time donno why this one having issue but time will tel

+1
    Post your .ld file and lets have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
    Post your .ld file and lets have a look.
    hi Gunna
    i t looks like crab i havent had log like that before
    there is two log file one from it before running the 3 bar map and the second is after the bulid with stock sensore map ....
    any help i have feeling that there is some thing wrong with the igntion ..timming gruhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Attached Files Attached Files

+1
    I'm on the run atm but................

The two ecu files are exactly the same so there is no differents there (try compare mode).

Are you 100% sure the cam timing is spot on?

New plugs.

Test the coils on another ski.

I'll have a long look tonight.

+1
    the rev limit is not cuting in, but the revs are all over the place
    i think i saw 8,900 revs in one spot
    just thinking out loud but could there be something wrong with the pump

kev

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shark28 View Post
    hi Gunna
    i t looks like crab i havent had log like that before
    there is two log file one from it before running the 3 bar map and the second is after the bulid with stock sensore map ....
    any help i have feeling that there is some thing wrong with the igntion ..timming gruhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Question.........Why did you go back to the stock map sensor??

Another question........... Can you run it again with the 3 bar sensor?? The ecu file is still setup on the 3 bar.

the engine will go down as i find oil in spark plag #4
    1- IC test
    2-cam cheek
    i think if the IC is going bad and leaking water will do the same as i know that from the seadoo world
    i will go back to the work shop to find what is the hell going on as we try the other FZR and nothing wrong with it at all ....
    best wishes for ya alll thank you for the help i will keep you guys updated when i got what is the issue or what is going on for today ...

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
    Question.........Why did you go back to the stock map sensor??

Another question........... Can you run it again with the 3 bar sensor?? The ecu file is still setup on the 3 bar.
    that is right Gunna cuz i didnt log it with the 2 bar map both files are when it was running good and when it runs bad but the log file with 2 bar is not here that was a mastike

get the engine back the ski running batter performance 75mile but still awayyyyyy from where it should be i find 55 code it might be the issue .......... spark plug 's number 1,4 are so black ……………!!!!!!!!
    What kind of issue would you have with leaking IC?
    What kind of issue would you have with bad coil?
    Thanks for the help
    Jamal

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shark28 View Post
    get the engine back the ski running batter performance 75mile but still awayyyyyy from where it should be i find 55 code it might be the issue .......... spark plug 's number 1,4 are so black ……………!!!!!!!!
    What kind of issue would you have with leaking IC?
    What kind of issue would you have with bad coil?
    Thanks for the help
    Jamal
    Plugs 1 and 4 been black is pretty normal for the sho. Just have to look at the intake manifold to see why. You can tune it out later with the motec by using individual cylinder fuel trimming at various speeds (airspeed).

Leaky IC.............do you mean air leaking out or water leaking in?.

A bad coil will sometimes fail at a particular rpm (say 7700) but will operate normal below that speed. Just keep changing over each unit with a known good one and see what happens. Ask Coldspace, lol.

I assume you are running the stock ecu if your getting a code 55?

Sorry to be not much help.........answering your questions with questions.

PS if you have time post your .ld file everytime you take it for a test. A file (like a photo) can sometimes tell a thousand words. There is overlays function in the motec which can be very handy to compare one log to another. And put heaps of comments in the notepad on the file. That way you and everyone who is interested can go back thru the comments to get a full picture.

u have to send ur ecu to r&d for them to program it to the rpms u want it to spin at and u also have to re-pitch ur prop cuz what u r doing right now is redlining it so u have to re-pitch it like dat they can pretty much tune it to the rpms its supposed to b spinning at

Thread Information