Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How not to destroy your Supercharger. Rocky's revenge. Pt.1 of 3

I've deliberated much about doing this tread but much against my own will and ego I've decided that there is a lesson learned from this boneheaded incident. I know I'll get dogged out about this one so please be kind guys I doo have feelings. Lol... OK, I finished installing my latest mod which was Eric's rear intake on my GTX and it complemented my rear seat mod rather well during some testing on the water hose. I was fairly concerned about the possibility of FOD ( Foreign Object Damage) entering the intake tract when the ski was not in use so I looked around for something to cover the hole on the intake pan. What I settled for using was my dog (Rocky)'s toy ball which was a little bigger than 4 inches around made of Terry Cloth and foam inside and it had this squeaky thing inside that my dog loved to make sound. He was a good sport at letting me impound his favorite toy even thou i thought afterwards that he was a little sad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Matties birthday 028.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	231476   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rocky, SC carnage, Fire 007.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	231478  

+1
    Ah, oh!

+1
    COWBOY KC RIDES AGAIN..........at least it wasnt a motocross glove.....hahaahahahahaha
    .....i already know the rest before u even type it.......BET!!!!!!!!

Rocky's Revenge : Pt.2 of 3

So last Friday my future son in law also and avid jet skier comes over for some bruskies and cocktails. After I was feeling rather happy and decided to give him a little show and tell of my latest ski's mods. I grabbed the keys and decided to just fire her up for no longer than 30 sec. (since its stored in the garage). I tell you what guys that S/C sounded awesome with that rear intake and the motor purred like a kitten ready for some water. With my show and tell over we went inside to continue our Friday happy hour. Little did I know that Rocky had conspired with Lady Luck against me and I was going to be denied the joy of testing my mods. The following pics are of what I found the next day when I took out the seats to fix a nut on the seat bracket.

Name:	Rocky, SC carnage, Fire 010.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	231479   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rocky, SC carnage, Fire 012.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	231487   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rocky, SC carnage, Fire 020.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	231486   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rocky, SC carnage, Fire 019.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	231480   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rocky, SC carnage, Fire 021.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	131.4 KB 
ID:	231484   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rocky, SC carnage, Fire 024.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	231481  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rocky, SC carnage, Fire 026.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	231482   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rocky, SC carnage, Fire 015.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	231485   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rocky, SC carnage, Fire 025.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	231483  

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    .... Been there, done that... more than once ...

I never caused any damage though.... that sucks dude! Next time just use paper towels, you... and the dog will be much happier

Rocky's revenge : Pt.3

I've managed to save the Superchargers front cover by using a scuffing wheel on a dremel as well as the rear cover. Both had melted nylon on them. The Mini Rude wasnt so lucky but Im glad that there was not a touch down and there was no evidence of the broken blades scarring the covers. The BOV looked like a chia pet but I also managed to save it by dissasembly and cleaning. The intercooler had a rats nest inside and I'm in the middle of doing both a flushing of the air passages as well as taking the time to also do a flushing of the water passages, both flushings are being done with coil cleaner. I've managed to recover some pieces of the S/C blades but not all ( wondering if they could have made their way passed theT/B ). Sooo I'm currently shopping for a Mini Rude so if anyone knows of anyone out there with one please let me know. Doel is helping out trying to find one which I'm thankfull for. It could have been worst I guess. I swear I could almost see my dog Rocky fu*#@ng mocking me at times... Maybe its just me. Lesson learned ??? Among the obvious lessons : Dont impound your dogs toys for your own personal gain.

Name:	Rocky, SC carnage, Fire 006.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	231489   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rocky, SC carnage, Fire 004.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	231488  

+1
    One time I put some papper towles in my inlet to keep crap out and well you know the end result. BUt my papper towles just got torn up and spit thru, not like yours.

+1
    LMAO it looks to me like Rocky is definitely mocking you bro

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    I've managed to save the Superchargers front cover by using a scuffing wheel on a dremel as well as the rear cover. Both had melted nylon on them. The Mini Rude wasnt so lucky but Im glad that there was not a touch down and there was no evidence of the broken blades scarring the covers. The BOV looked like a chia pet but I also managed to save it by dissasembly and cleaning. The intercooler had a rats nest inside and I'm in the middle of doing both a flushing of the air passages as well as taking the time to also do a flushing of the water passages, both flushings are being done with coil cleaner. I've managed to recover some pieces of the S/C blades but not all ( wondering if they could have made their way passed theT/B ). Sooo I'm currently shopping for a Mini Rude so if anyone knows of anyone out there with one please let me know. Doel is helping out trying to find one which I'm thankfull for. It could have been worst I guess. I swear I could almost see my dog Rocky fu*#@ng mocking me at times... Maybe its just me. Lesson learned ??? Among the obvious lessons : Dont impound your dogs toys for your own personal gain.

... you need one of these

Wesley Chapel, FL. Y L Isla Del Encato PR.
    Ohh man. That sucks but it is not that bad... Man that looks like the TIAL Bov on my Evo .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information