Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates

E1, R3, FPR & Powershot

Hello overthere in the cold countries ...

The season just started here, we already unleashed our SHO's and some of us already hit the water for pre-season testing (it's 68F here ) ...

I sent my ECU for reflashing and it is already with R&D since 4 days ... it will be back within a week along with an Innovate AFR gauge, Pet-2100 & a Powershot ...

It will take two days to install everything in addition to the Flo-Righs, Driveshaft Sleeve Kit, Riva Pro Steering System with Riva Black color handlebar and a matching red Seat Cover (Pimp Your Yammi) ...

Now my only concern is where to install the Gauge, the Pet-2100 & the Powershot ...

i know that the gauge is waterproof so there is no problem with installing it anywhere ... but what about the other two ??? i was thinking of keeping the Powershot inside the compartment where i wont need to look at it while riding ... but i will need to watch my rpm all day ... so is the pet-2100 waterproof? i will install it on the compartment cover if so ...

Now the most important question: Where do i tune??? when everything is installed, do i set my FPR at 45 and start from there? and do i do it on water or it's ok to do it on trailer while connected to the falushing tube?

Need your openions ...

I will be posting many photos and results (I got my GPS charged and ready) ...

+1
    nice... i have already got my reflash R2 on my sho

Let us meet soon and do some testing ... i sent you my number via a pm ...

+1
    my powershot is mounted on top of the electrical box behind the motor.
    i have the round pet tach, the base is temporally mounted to the console behind the handlebars.

you will probably need it to set the fpr at r.r. to get the afr reading correct.
    Last edited by gordon lasiter #328; 03-08-2011 at 06:45 AM. Reason: *

+1
    I have the same set-up and it rocks 83+ GPS, the only bad news is that you are going to destroy some clutches.

In our warm climate I do not need a powershot for tunning, colder weather will be diffrent, just set the RRFPR to 55lbs rising rate and follow your powershot's
    instructions.

AFR should be around 11 at WOT 8300 RPM

Have you tried the VX plate? Its good for around 4 MPH in calm water.

We don't have calm water here ... Yet am not happy with all the bouncing am getting with the R&D grate.

It's warm here too ... So I will try the setup without the Powershot and see if it will work ...

The only thing I hate is tuning the FPR ... It's really hard to set it where you want exactly specially on water ...

+1
    I would definately recomend the powershot to start, set the 2 red flashes to 6-7 and check AFRs. just a few seconds lean and you can do alot of damage.

Water is rough down here also, the R&D plate didnt work for me either, and my best set-up is the stock plate shimmed. This gave me great rough water handling and 3+ MPH over the stock plate set-up.

I had the Riva RRFPR set at 62lbs but it was extremely rich 10 AFR and made RPMs eratic between 6500 - 7500 RPM once I dropped it down to 55 the ski was tuned perfectly 11.5. I can get 80+miles range on one tank running hard 50% & crusing 50%.

Good Luck

+1
    I mounted my 2100 tach over the face of the OEM tach so I could see it. Do not leave it on the ski, though. Or you will be installing a 2500 like I am.

Best advice I heard (from mjh3ides') was to mount the Powershot where you can see it when you want to at speed. Like towards the front of the engine with enough slack harness that you can sneak it out when you want to see what it's doing.

I was thinking about fixing the Powershot inside the compartment and keep there as long as am not gonna need it while riding. While a friend of mine suggested to wrap the Tacho with a plastic cover to keep it dry. Is the Pet-2100 & the Powershot waterproof?

+1
    The 2100 is not waterproof. I posted above that if you leave it on the ski (as opposed to removing after tuning), you will be replacing it like me.

I would say the Powershot being waterproof is a little questionable. I mounted mine high on the ski in the engine compartment. If water gets to my Powershot, I will have much bigger problems. You can get an idea from this pic:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information