Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1
    philys21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Salem County, NJ
    Posts
    150
    +1
    1

    Mini Rude or Riva XX

    Well I got my tax my return and i want to upgrade my charger. For this season I'm going to leave the stock ecu and next season upgrade the ecu. My dilemia is trying to decide what charger. I've serached and haven't seen any real comparisons, so what's your opinions?

    My list so far is this:

    Mini rude or Riva XX
    Riva Fuel Regulator
    48 Bosch Injectors
    Lc-1
    Boost Gauge

    Am i missing anything on my list?


  2. #2
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    Either one would be great. I hate to say, but to see the real potential of either one, spend the money now and get the ecu also.

  3. #3
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,334
    +1
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Either one would be great. I hate to say, but to see the real potential of either one, spend the money now and get the ecu also.
    +1, They are the same SCer. Either one. ECU all the way.

    Be careful with that WORX grate as you get closer to 80mph. Just alittle first hand info for you.

    ---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

    If you want to run the stock X ecu with that SCer. I have had my best luck running the RIVA 50lb injectors. No problem getting the AFRs right.

  4. #4
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    If anybody knows these RXPX's its JP.
    And not to forget Jedi Master DUKE.

  5. #5
    philys21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Salem County, NJ
    Posts
    150
    +1
    1
    Thanks guys, I would love to get the ecu just can't swing it now. My goal is just for 80mph. I'm hoping I can get that without the ecu.

    Thanks for the heads up on the grate.

    That surprises me that the 50s work better. The bottom end isn't to rich?

  6. #6
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,334
    +1
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by philys21 View Post
    Thanks guys, I would love to get the ecu just can't swing it now. My goal is just for 80mph. I'm hoping I can get that without the ecu.

    Thanks for the heads up on the grate.

    That surprises me that the 50s work better. The bottom end isn't to rich?
    The RIVA type injectors run leaner than the 48lb bosch injectors.

  7. #7
    philys21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Salem County, NJ
    Posts
    150
    +1
    1
    Gotcha well that's that part is taken care of then. If there really is no difference i'll save the couple bucks and go with the xx.

  8. #8
    KC Blue Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Posts
    2,079
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]8120-8160 stock ecu 11.9 lbs. boost, stock ecu. Mini Rude best run at 78 peak of winter but it was on a GTX-Ltd. Do some research as I believe that if your gonna throw that ECU in the equation you might want to do the valve upgrade. also from what i believe a ECU is required for the xx whit 50 lb.injectors on a 255/260 platform. Good luck.[/FONT]

  9. #9
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    +1, They are the same SCer. Either one..
    +1 on the chargers..

  10. #10
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,334
    +1
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]8120-8160 stock ecu 11.9 lbs. boost, stock ecu. Mini Rude best run at 78 peak of winter but it was on a GTX-Ltd. Do some research as I believe that if your gonna throw that ECU in the equation you might want to do the valve upgrade. also from what i believe a ECU is required for the xx whit 50 lb.injectors on a 255/260 platform. Good luck.[/FONT]
    Adding a ECU = more money for sure. You can run the XX/ MiniRude on the stock x ecu. Ran a 2Rude for about year with 50's, RRFPR, stock X ecu. The xx/minirude is very close to the 2rude performance wise.

    Make sure when you do it, you are not hitting the limiter. Quick way to blow a headgasket. Going to have to run a 83mm nozzle, and do some prop work. Usually kept mine at about 8100.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ET 137x4 vs Mini Rude vs Riva XX vs R&D C15X
    By Boost-A-Holic in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-25-2013, 04:06 PM
  2. WTB Mini rude or XX upgrade.
    By Water4fire in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-03-2011, 07:37 PM
  3. Mini rude or riva s/c
    By jmatherne18 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-13-2010, 02:00 AM
  4. Mini Rude vs Riva X Pro Upgrate ?
    By pet in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 10:53 AM
  5. Help me decide Rude or Riva SC
    By mstennes in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 08:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •