Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Rxp-X vs FZR/FZS (yes i know its been asked)

I posted the same thread over in yamaha 4-stroke to get both crowds opinions. I have a gp1200r and im considering now trading it in and just going balls out with a new ski (so i can trust it for a few years). I love yamaha and the reliability, as well as handling so its a big step if i switch to seadoo since i dont know them as well. That being said, if you were a salesmen and had to convince me to get a RXP over one of the SHO yamahas what arguements would you bring to the table?

The main concern of mine is reliability and longevity. The dealer i spoke with estimates a well maintainted 4-tec motor will go over 500 hours without being touched internally, now obviously this cant be true for everybody and theres always a few lemons. BUT i would like to make a couple hundred hours of stress free riding. I dont neglect my machines but i dont like fixing them every summer. So, whats considered a nessesary upgrade? Supercharger issues seem to have been adressed now correct?

Hows the handling for people who rode both a yamaha and a seadoo? Any reccomendations? And just out of curiosity whats the comparison on handling for an rxp vs rxt? Thanks and i know theres alot of questions, im a careful buyer.

+1
    Do you plan on modding (which ever you buy)the ski?

Rxp vs Rxt handling, Rxp hands down

+1
    No, im not too big into modding. If i did i would only do minor stuff, intake grate, exhaust and intake... thats probably it. (if those even have benifits)

+1
    I am a Seadoo guy and would buy it, but they are both great ski's and at the same time very similar. You could lightly mod a RXPX and run 75mph and still be very reliable.

+1
    Does seadoo offer extended warrenty programs? If so did anybody opt for it? And for what cost... thanks, im aware yamaha has one i believe for 3 years

I think it all depends where you ride, how you ride and how much fun you want to have riding. For example if you are an ocean recreational rider and like to ride with friends, family or a big group I will go for the 2008 and up RXT model. If you like to have fun, jump waves, put the pedal to the metal once or twice, make sharp turns or twists I will go with 2008 RXP model. It will be the same with new 4-strokes Yamahas get a 3 seater if you are a passive rider or a 2-seater if you like to have fun. It all comes down to your preference but both Companies make great PWCs and really close in performance and reliability despite what everyone else says.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPT400 View Post
    I think it all depends where you ride, how you ride and how much fun you want to have riding. For example if you are an ocean recreational rider and like to ride with friends, family or a big group I will go for the 2008 and up RXT model. If you like to have fun, jump waves, put the pedal to the metal once or twice, make sharp turns or twists I will go with 2008 RXP model. It will be the same with new 4-strokes Yamahas get a 3 seater if you are a passive rider or a 2-seater if you like to have fun. It all comes down to your preference but both Companies make great PWCs and really close in performance and reliability despite what everyone else says.
    From what i understand, the yamaha fzs and fzr have the same hull, just the fzs has one more seat lol... Almost a no brainer to get the 3 seater with no compromises. I ride hard, but i would LIKE to have a 3 seater, however the rxt is enormous lol i dont think it would handle the way i want it to.

This is my place of Zenn smohammed's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nunnink23 View Post
    From what i understand, the yamaha fzs and fzr have the same hull, just the fzs has one more seat lol... Almost a no brainer to get the 3 seater with no compromises. I ride hard, but i would LIKE to have a 3 seater, however the rxt is enormous lol i dont think it would handle the way i want it to.
    I have ridden rxps (not x model though), rxt(2007), rxt x(2009) and a fzs.. i rode all these skis in the same conditions. In the ocean the water had at least a 1foot chop. In my opinion when i rode the rxt x it was a very stable craft doing 60's in the chop..it handle reallly wen wen cornering also, however when i rode the fzs (stock intake grate) it was also stable going straight but it did have it's moments when it stuffed and bucked a bit but when cornering i just got this feeling that i will fall off, now with the rxp, i think i felt most safe on that ski and cornering with that ski was like a charm.. now thats just my opinion and feelings, the owner of the fzs that i rode, rides that ski like a pro and he defiantly corners hard. Its just comes down to what you feel, U should try to get a test ride on the skis before purchasing.. The new rxt x as i heard should handle like a beauty on the water despite its lenght. If you want a 3 seater you should reallly look into the Rxt X instead of the PX.. its more of a One person kinda ride.

i have 255 rxp x and only now finally doing mod's to it.. after riding my brothers FZR "Richie FZR" which has been worked.. RXP's are toys easy to throw around... yahama's a more stable but a great ski to ride.. that being said.. i want an FZR.. maybe cos its a 1.8 Supercharged... lol .. hahaha...

Hate to say it .. go the FZR..

+1
    Out of everything that availible right now IMO the RXT-X 260 is the best, the hull is awsome, it handles very very well for what is quite a large craft, has 3 seats, reliability, the worst problems that the 4Tecs have had are gone now, the SCer is well worked out, the Yammie SCer has issues, maybe not too bad in stock form but there have been alot of failures. As there was with the 4Tec but they are fixed now, the latest setu is very good.

I havent riden a FZR/FZS to compare handling, Im sure thay are good but from what I have seen they look less stable in hard cornering and seem to bounce and buck round the corner, this was in CC race conditions where as a RXT-X in the same race looked far better on the stock sponsons!!

Im not sure which is "REALLY" faster in stock form, the RXT-X really gets off the line well tho.

R88

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information