Anyone running a Skat 12 vane magnum pump?

I found out Skat has 155/159/160/162mm pumps available in 12 or 14 vane configuration. It's $1500 for a new pump complete and $1350 with an exchange. They can make a 159 so you can use your existing prop. Would like some feedback on the pump. Does it increase hookup? Is hole shot better? Does it hurt top end? Have an 05 RXP.

Thanks,
    Mark

+1
    It will make a big difference to hook-up, holeshot and accel but you will lose topspeed in flat water, your top speed will be better in bad conditions a\s it stays hooked.

Im not sure you can keep your stock prop as I belive they make the hub diameter bigger so your prop would not match up. could be wrong, thats why its so expensive to change, you need pump, prop, and ventury really. The vains in your stock ventury wont match the vains in the pump.

R88

+1
    Where are you getting them to buy and are there available for the FZR ???

Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    It will make a big difference to hook-up, holeshot and accel but you will lose topspeed in flat water, your top speed will be better in bad conditions a\s it stays hooked.

Im not sure you can keep your stock prop as I belive they make the hub diameter bigger so your prop would not match up. could be wrong, thats why its so expensive to change, you need pump, prop, and ventury really. The vains in your stock ventury wont match the vains in the pump.

R88
    Glen said they can make the vane section 159mm. They insert a new liner then cut the liner id to match the center line of the bearings. If I went with the 160mm they would use the existing liner and cut it to 160mm id. He also mentioned that the impeller would be closer to the vanes. It was my understanding I could use the stock venturi nozzle with the 82mm ring. He also mentioned they have adjustable cones...just like the ones Seadoo Centre uses. I really don't want to have my impeller welded to increase it from 159 to 160mm.

Mark

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
    Glen said they can make the vane section 159mm. They insert a new liner then cut the liner id to match the center line of the bearings. If I went with the 160mm they would use the existing liner and cut it to 160mm id. He also mentioned that the impeller would be closer to the vanes. It was my understanding I could use the stock venturi nozzle with the 82mm ring. He also mentioned they have adjustable cones...just like the ones Seadoo Centre uses. I really don't want to have my impeller welded to increase it from 159 to 160mm.

Mark
    I could well be wrong but I thought the centre section of the pump was larger diameter, not sure on that.

Yeh the stock ventury will bolt on but the vains wont match, right now they line up with the pump viens that wont be the case if you get a 14 vain pump. The SDC venturys dont have vains in them, its just a straight cone.

R88

Thread Information