Larger Rxp Supercharger Inlet

Can the inlet of the 215 supercharger be made larger to mate up with a 4"? I want a true 4" intake.

+1
    not without damaging the crucial tolerance between impeller and front housing.
    Opening it up would actually have a negative affect on the superchargers performance.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    not without damaging the crucial tolerance between impeller and front housing.
    Opening it up would actually have a negative affect on the superchargers performance.
    +1 it's easy to lose sight of the fact that turbos and scers both make power from pressurized air (boost) opening the inlet imo will have a negative effect on pressure.

wow, you're still on this crap?! what, 1/4 of your posts are about how a 4" intake doesn't do any good since the SC inlet is only 3", and now this thread too?! give it a rest, the 4" adapters they sell in the store here work VERY well and do exactly what you are thinking you might accomplish, with no hassle. you'd need a SC built with a 4" inlet to get the results you think you might get, but then a 5" or 6" intake would work better than a 4" intake on that charger... dang rocket surgery here...

+1
    It doesn't matter how big the inlet is.... If you can't compress it your shit out of luck. Why do you think no one else has done it? The physics don't work. Just put a 4 inch adapter on it and be done with it. It allows the incoming air to naturally compress. If you need me to make you feel even more like an idiot I can. I can break out the education I got years ago. Not being rude. It's common sense.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by got wake? View Post
    wow, you're still on this crap?! what, 1/4 of your posts are about how a 4" intake doesn't do any good since the SC inlet is only 3", and now this thread too?! give it a rest, the 4" adapters they sell in the store here work VERY well and do exactly what you are thinking you might accomplish, with no hassle. you'd need a SC built with a 4" inlet to get the results you think you might get, but then a 5" or 6" intake would work better than a 4" intake on that charger... dang rocket surgery here...
    +1 Dude just believe what have been telling you

Thread Information