Riva exhaust tip install question

I am about to install my Riva water box and exhaust tip. I know in the directions it says to use a 2 7/8 hole saw, but I see some posts that a 2 3/4 is a better fit. Can someone let me know which one I should use and any other install tips would be nice to. Thank you.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Drill it smaller, and use a dremel with a sanding drum to enlarge the hole just enough for the tip to fit in. You don't want the hole any larger than it needs to be!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    Drill it smaller, and use a dremel with a sanding drum to enlarge the hole just enough for the tip to fit in. You don't want the hole any larger than it needs to be!
    + 10. Well said.

Do not use 2 7/8" it will be too big! I used 2 3/4" and it was perfect. No Dremel required. Duct tape the area off and actually drill in reverse. You will get no chips that way. Also, do not drill the mounting holes off the template, they are not accurate. Once you drill the large hole, put the thru hull piece in and drill your mounting holes that way. Think through everything twice, making a mistake on the holes will suck. The material between the mounting holes and large hole is so small, that there is no room for error. It is all worth it though, it sounds bad ass.

here are some pics of my install...

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ics&highlight=

+1
    I just installed mine using a 2 7/8 with no issues....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by antoniodef View Post
    Do not use 2 7/8" it will be too big! I used 2 3/4" and it was perfect. No Dremel required. Duct tape the area off and actually drill in reverse. You will get no chips that way. Also, do not drill the mounting holes off the template, they are not accurate. Once you drill the large hole, put the thru hull piece in and drill your mounting holes that way. Think through everything twice, making a mistake on the holes will suck. The material between the mounting holes and large hole is so small, that there is no room for error. It is all worth it though, it sounds bad ass.
    +1
    that's exactly the way I do mine.

Quote Originally Posted by antoniodef View Post

here are some pics of my install...

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ics&highlight=
    Thank you. Looks good. I'll try it with the 2 3/4. Did the riva template put the tip hole in the correct spot on your ski? Also with stock outlet block off did you re-use the o ring that came off the stock one or just used silicone?

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    +1
    that's exactly the way I do mine.
    Thanks Jerry

Thread Information