Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help with Speed

Help with Speed

I have a 06 RXT stock charger stock intercooler with a 4" front intake 2* pump wedge reverse bucket mod ride plate holes filled. I am turning 8140 to 8180 depending on weather, but cant seem to get more than 66 MPH I have a Solas impeller I am going to put on, but havent yet. I am however 285 Lbs I was wondering if that speed seems normal? I am buying a X charger to put on and I was going to put the impeller in at the same time. What should I get for speeds with those mods? I am just looking for about where I should be to see if something is wrong. Lastly the front intake gets air just above the battery, should it be all of the way out into the front of the ski rather than still inthe engine compartment?

+1
    how fast was the ski stock and are you using a gps to measure your speed? the prop will help get you up to speed. you might be a touch on the rev limiter.

+1
    Your speeds sound about right. I clocked two bone stock rxts last summer at 62. You should pick up about 2mph with the mods imo.

When I checked it stock it was about 64 MPH and yes with GPS. After mods I did gain about 2 MPH so I guess that is OK without the prop in there. What about the front intake, does that sound correct? Also what do you think I will gain with the X charger and the prop? When I wen through the speed database I just thought even what I had should be faster it seems those guys are getting 70 without touching the charger or intercooler.

+1
    Your rpm's are good. Speed sound a litltle low. Rev limiter for a 06 RXT is 8300.
    My 06 RXT that I had a Riva stg1 had a best of 69.5 mph. Prop may add a little speed.

What does a stage 1 consist of?

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Sorry I just went and looked it up I pretty much have a stage 1 except the prop isnt on maybe thats the difference. I have the Riva grate 2* pump wedge and a 4" front air system. Hopefully the X charger will make a big difference. Will I have to buy a new prop I have the 14/17R that they recommended brand new in the box.

+1
    Stock speed is a little low. Stock should be about 66. You may just have a slow one. Not all skis run the same. Me and KirkF350 both have 08 RXPX's and at one point we matched mods and he was 1 mph faster than me.

the x-charger makes a HUGE difference! worth every penny. i just wish i didn't wait 9 hours to put mine on, lol.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by got wake? View Post
    the x-charger makes a HUGE difference! worth every penny. i just wish i didn't wait 9 hours to put mine on, lol.
    X2...
    hands down the best mod to do to a ski....
    do you have a intake grate yet???

Father-in-law has an 06 Rxt. Ski has a Riva 3" fresh air intake, Riva grate, free flow exhaust (from waterbox back to stock outlet), a green wheel and a Solas 4-blade prop. Ski runs 68 mph. Wife has a RXTX with a 4" fresh air intake, Riva grate, R&D exhaust (from the waterbox back to the stock outlet) and a Solas 4-blade prop. Ski runs 70 mph. I'd say your speeds are right on the money.

Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information