Flushing the intercooler and exhoust ?

Hi everybody

Since I mounted my external intercooler I have flushed the intercooler separately by unscrew the hose clamps and connected the garden hose to the intercooler hose. The reason I did this is because I can´t find out how the flushing system on the RXP works. I followed the in-line were the garden hose is connected and to me it looks like it end up in the J-pipe. Then I am thinking how the he... can the intercooler become flushed that way ? Does the fresh water just flush the exhoust system and not the intercooler..?

I did a test were I ran the ski in the salt water ( I always use it in saltwater) when I came back I hooked it to the hose and flushed it like normally, unscrewed the intercooler hoses and stack a finger in the intercooler and tasted, there were no doubt it was salt water.

Ysterday I did one more test were I unscrewed the hose on the J-pipe and blowed through it while I had a finger on the gardenhose connector. It was easy to hear the air comming out some king of INVISIBLE place ?

Mann I need some help on this before I go crasy. I appreciate all the input on this

Pleace take a look at the att. picture
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Åbent kølersystem 2.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	231832  

+1
    No thats not the hose thats connected to the "waterhose"...
    The one on the other side of the pump shoe is the one where the water comes from...
    Notice the arrows going to the front of the hull where the OEM IC used to be located...
    that is your "in" water line....
    That will go from pump shoe to strainer (if you have one)
    Then to the back side of the XS intercooler
    Then picks back up on the front side of the IC...
    Goes from the front of the IC to the Front side of the exhaust mani(closest to the nose of the ski...
    out the back of the mani into the j pipe.....
    hope this helps...

Year thats just what I thought too. But when I unhook the little hose on the j-pipe and turns on the garden hose. The water comes direct out of the little hose connected to the j-pipe ?

I assume you are thinking of the biggest hoses of them all. And I just cant see how that big hose can be connected to my gerden hose as the big hose is connected somewere inside the pump and not to the adapter for the garden hose ? I´m confused

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP rider View Post
    Year thats just what I thought too. But when I unhook the little hose on the j-pipe and turns on the garden hose. The water comes direct out of the little hose connected to the j-pipe ?

I assume you are thinking of the biggest hoses of them all. And I just cant see how that big hose can be connected to my gerden hose as the big hose is connected somewere inside the pump and not to the adapter for the garden hose ? I´m confused
    Trust me the water is coming from the BIG line with the red stripe on it....
    The reason you getting water coming out of the small j pipe hose is because its filling the j pipe with water and the small line you have off is easier for the water to escape from. Rather then going through the 3 pisser holes in the j pipe...

okay but why do I still have pure salt water in the intercooler after I have flushed it ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP rider View Post
    okay but why do I still have pure salt water in the intercooler after I have flushed it ?
    remove the out line on your IC and turn the hose on without starting the ski and make sure you have good flow through the IC...

okay I will try that tommorow but just can´t see why I need the little hose on the J-pipe ?
    Is water comming out there while I run it on the hose to prevent overfilling the waterbox ?

Thread Information