Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Tsumnami warning to all west coast members. japan had a 8.9 earthquake

It's suppose to hit at 11:00am or so. Watch you local news for more info. Just a friendly reminder to all GH members..

+1
    We need to get all the Liberal Democrats down on the beach in San Francisco for a Tsumnami Party.....Then again that would be a huge "Fish Kill" if they were swept out to sea...

Moderated
    you can see live updates on japan here;

http://www.news.com.au/world/magnitu...-1226019903430

+1
    Ray, (rayinjapan) you out there buddy?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    Ray, (rayinjapan) you out there buddy?
    I pm'd his friend Mike(Awamori) earlier today. I haven't heard back yet but I think they're on Okinawa which is way south of the quake area. I'm hoping they are OK & didn't lose any loved ones in this tragedy.

A prayer sent out for all those people! It will take years to sort thru the devastation... very sad...

Yes - I'm OK - Thanks for thinking of us. Sorry for not checking in sooner - today is the first day since the disaster that I've even thought about GH and jet skiing. I have a lot of friends up in that area - was stationed at Misawa and actually wanted to stay up there instead of coming back to Okinawa. All of our friends and their families are OK but unfortunately some of their friends/co-workers are not. The US military is helping out full force. The devistation up there is beyond belief. I watched it unfold live on TV and was horrified and scared shitless because Okinawa had full on tsunami warnings too. My house is at sea level about 200 yards from the ocean. I thought of the Indonesia tsunami and just knew that I was going to lose everything I owned. But I was watching people die live on TV so I was grateful that I was alive and that Momo and Jenny were safe at her mom's. But we were extremely lucky because the force of the tsunami went away from us. We still had some but they came at low tide so it was more like a tide change than a tsunami. Anyway - thanks again for the thoughts and especially thanks for those aimed at northern Japan. They are going to need help for a long time - hopefully they'll get the nuke plant calmed down soon. Take care all...

Quote Originally Posted by RayinJapan View Post
    Yes - I'm OK - Thanks for thinking of us. Sorry for not checking in sooner - today is the first day since the disaster that I've even thought about GH and jet skiing. I have a lot of friends up in that area - was stationed at Misawa and actually wanted to stay up there instead of coming back to Okinawa. All of our friends and their families are OK but unfortunately some of their friends/co-workers are not. The US military is helping out full force. The devistation up there is beyond belief. I watched it unfold live on TV and was horrified and scared shitless because Okinawa had full on tsunami warnings too. My house is at sea level about 200 yards from the ocean. I thought of the Indonesia tsunami and just knew that I was going to lose everything I owned. But I was watching people die live on TV so I was grateful that I was alive and that Momo and Jenny were safe at her mom's. But we were extremely lucky because the force of the tsunami went away from us. We still had some but they came at low tide so it was more like a tide change than a tsunami. Anyway - thanks again for the thoughts and especially thanks for those aimed at northern Japan. They are going to need help for a long time - hopefully they'll get the nuke plant calmed down soon. Take care all...
    Hey man real good to hear u and ur family are ok. Wow GH really is worldwide, hey good luck over there hope all returns to normal very soon

+1
    Good to hear from you Ray

Quote Originally Posted by RayinJapan View Post

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    Good to hear from you Ray

+1......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information