+1

vxr does it have pump stuff issues?or anything necessary to be done right away

i think im going to get the new vxr for my girlfriend is there anything i need to no about the ski before buying any pump stuff issues like the fzr or pump tunnel reinforcement needed etc..?

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by wave15stx View Post
    i think im going to get the new vxr for my girlfriend is there anything i need to no about the ski before buying any pump stuff issues like the fzr or pump tunnel reinforcement needed etc..?
    No, you'll be fine. It tends to cavitate a bit out of the hole, but you probably won't notice it for awhile. Just go out and ride it and get used to it, and have fun. I've been well into the 70's on one with a Performer Kit, and there are no surprises. Very stable.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    No, you'll be fine. It tends to cavitate a bit out of the hole, but you probably won't notice it for awhile. Just go out and ride it and get used to it, and have fun. I've been well into the 70's on one with a Performer Kit, and there are no surprises. Very stable.
    sounds good! i wanna make sure she will be good to go and get any probs squared away sounds like she will like it

sounds good! i wanna make sure she will be good to go and get any probs squared away sounds like she will like it
    Here is my comment from another thread . . . .

Well maybe some good news for this thread. Yesterday I had my VXR in virtually every flat water scenario I could think of and the boat did not Buck nor could I feel any "Bucking Tendencies". The boat felt 100% secure at all times. The VXR is stock and I am 6 feet, 2 inches . . . about 215 pounds. After reading this thread top to bottom I have to say I was a little concerned because there are times GF and GF daughter will find themselves on my VXR. How the VXR will handle itself at 70 mph or beyond, somebody else will have to do that test. The stock speed is already pretty good on this Ski anyway, and that will be good enough for me . . . JB

+1
    thanks for the good info jb

+1
    I hope not. The truth is, we don't have enough feedback from enough members to know for sure yet. You could say it's unlikely, but just a few outings from a handful of owners are really not enough to tell. For example, it took a while for the 2008 RXT-X and SHO owners to realize they can have serious pump tunnel issues (cracks); it also took a while for us to realize that the FZ's can toss a rider with the stock grate; and there are FZ owners still running the factory grate who have never had a problem, but we know it's a real issue because of the large number FZ's owners and their feedback. With summer coming, hopefully we will have more feedback from a wider spectrum of VXR owners with 50-100 hours on their craft.

Banned User
    +1

RXT-X Vs. 2011 Yamaha VXR

Here is the video I shot awhile ago. It's my 2008 Seadoo RXT-X Vs. the 2011 Yamaha VXR. The parts/mods for each boat are listed in the video. Clearly, the VXR is faster....
    Oh, and yes the water was glass, but you will also notice, since the camera is mounted primarily on the VXR, that there is no porpoising!!!!
    Enjoy.......

Be sure to subscribe to my channel. My next "test" will be the Kawasaki Ultra 300X(if it ever shows up).

Thread Information