96 1100 zxi mods

Looking to get some more out of my 1996 1100 zxi. Hopeing some one has some information or ideas on a ski this old. Motor is solid and pump is good. Already jumped the temp sensor. I have heard of drilling a 1" hole in the water box baffel? Thinking about milling head, dual cooling and adding "pissers on front and rear cylinders.

+1
    Welcome aboard, kawman123!

The best thing you can do is go with an aftermarket impeller. The pissers won't do anything for performance, but I don't know if you can really do anything with them on the 1100 engine. The Ultra 150 has cooling water outlets on each head, but not the 1100. I would suggest buying an Ultra if you want to go faster.

Don't forget to replace the oil lines! If they haven't been replaced with urethane hose, I can guarantee you that they brittle and rotten.

Oh, yea, make sure you check the cooling water lines that go to the water jacket on the stator cover. They get plugged easily and overheat the stator.

+1
    I did a write up on an extended nozzle.

+1
    everything and anything you wanna know about mods for your zxi... i used to have one and she sure did launch out of the hole great for a 2 stroke... zximan (james crone) was the leader at the time with the modifications for the zxi's
    mods part 1
    http://www.pwctoday.com/f16/kawasaki...-1-a-5539.html

mods part 2
    http://www.pwctoday.com/f16/kawasaki...-2-a-6228.html

+1
    Yep, I worked with some of crones parts and had some real success. The only difference that I had with testing was that I never had luck with stage two mods. I would really stick with the stage one if I were you.

Make sure you keep your compression within pump gas range because the cranks always went out real fast on the race skis.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by thesepaperwings View Post
    Yep, I worked with some of crones parts and had some real success. The only difference that I had with testing was that I never had luck with stage two mods. I would really stick with the stage one if I were you.

Make sure you keep your compression within pump gas range because the cranks always went out real fast on the race skis.
    yes thats when u start taking the reliability out of the ski when upping the compression and not running high enough octane fuel

i have a zxi 750 is there any way to prevent the impeller from slipping out of the hole?

Quote Originally Posted by deer40111 View Post
    i have a zxi 750 is there any way to prevent the impeller from slipping out of the hole?
    Not real sure what slipping outta the whole means but if its a stock impeller its bad I have a 13/19 swirl that'll rock your stock boat world.

Thread Information