Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

08 rxp sitting at dealer new

a friend is looking at a 08 rxp at the dealer which has been store out side i think in crate since shipped in an 08 what should we be worried about may never been gased up can they keep that long outside--- this is in the cincy area

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by idoodou View Post
    a friend is looking at a 08 rxp at the dealer which has been store out side i think in crate since shipped in an 08 what should we be worried about may never been gased up can they keep that long outside--- this is in the cincy area
    I'm not certain what precautions BRP takes when crateing these things up for shipment, I would be concernd about the valves sticking or something if the engine is not fogged before shipping. As far as the extreme cold and how it would affect the rest of the machine and other components maybe someone who lives in the north can weigh in on it. If it were me I would be looking to get a real good deal on it and go for it. You will still have the factory warranty to protect you.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by idoodou View Post
    I'm not certain what precautions BRP takes when crateing these things up for shipment, I would be concernd about the valves sticking or something if the engine is not fogged before shipping. As far as the extreme cold and how it would affect the rest of the machine and other components maybe someone who lives in the north can weigh in on it. If it were me I would be looking to get a real good deal on it and go for it. You will still have the factory warranty to protect you.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Wow, dont know how that happened^^^.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    +1 but there is a bit of risk when buying something that has sat outside and has not been run...even new. You may get lucky and never have a problem with it BUT you could be the guy that takes it out once and then it sits in the shop all summer having the engine rebuilt. even with a warranty...buyer beware.

+1
    under 7600 out the door is what their asking cheap to me but would want to check it out thoughly

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

i agree
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    +1 but there is a bit of risk when buying something that has sat outside and has not been run...even new. You may get lucky and never have a problem with it BUT you could be the guy that takes it out once and then it sits in the shop all summer having the engine rebuilt. even with a warranty...buyer beware.

That is a cheap price...but it must be paid for already by the dealer. I highly doubt they are still paying BRP for three years...so it probably is already wrote off for them. I would push them hard on the price due to the reasons mentioned above.

+1
    Go for it....

+1
    thats my thought also
    Quote Originally Posted by antoniodef View Post
    That is a cheap price...but it must be paid for already by the dealer. I highly doubt they are still paying BRP for three years...so it probably is already wrote off for them. I would push them hard on the price due to the reasons mentioned above.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

the price make me tell them the same thing but my gut says watch out
    Quote Originally Posted by b_dolla44 View Post
    Go for it....

+1
    It should come with a 1 year warranty, I wouldn't worry about it. If it's going to break, it will be in the first hour or 2...........

+1
    well that is the worry this dealer is no longer a seadoo dealer who's going to work on it there is no dealer left here
    Quote Originally Posted by vspec1 View Post
    It should come with a 1 year warranty, I wouldn't worry about it. If it's going to break, it will be in the first hour or 2...........

+1
    update found though my friend the ski has no factory wty the dealer which is no longer a factory dealer is going to wty. it for one year that makes me nervious

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information