2008 RXP-X 12v Low p0562 Flashing Help!!!!

Hello everyone.I know this question has been posted before but I didn't see any info posted that I haven't already tried.

I just picked up a used 2008 RXP-X on 3/5/11. It has 35 hours and is completely stock. I rode it the next day and the battery indicator began flashing along with the gauge flashing "12v Low" and of course the beeping. I took out the fuse for the buzzer so I could actually think while trying to figure this out.

The battery is new (Yuasa) and was fully charged before taking it out. The battery It still ran fine but I was only out for 5-10 minutes because the air temp was 42. It looks as if the old battery had been overcharged and possibly exploded because there are signs of acid splatter on the rectifier and inside the front battery compartment.

I checked and replaced all the fuses, checked the connections, wires etc.. and installed a new oem rectifier. It still won't charge and the 12v low is still flashing. Is there any way my battery could be the culprit? Battery voltage is 12.5 sitting and drops to 12.1v while running/revving. It should be 13.5v running. The battery takes a full charge but after a couple of hours it drops to 60% life even if it's unhooked. It should stay up close to 100%.

I'm hoping it's not the stator.Is there any way to check the stator?

Has anyone else ran into this problem with the 08-up RXP's or RXT's? They use a completely different rectifier than the 07-older RXP's & T's and the fuses are in stand alone blocks no longer connected to the MPEM.

Any help would be great.

Thanks!!

Final verdict was a broken bolt head that wiped out the stator and a bunch of other things. $2,000 later it was fixed then after 1.5 hours of riding the timing chain broke. Dealership of course is not a fault.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kemper1976 View Post
    Final verdict was a broken bolt head that wiped out the stator and a bunch of other things. $2,000 later it was fixed then after 1.5 hours of riding the timing chain broke. Dealership of course is not a fault.
    The dealer is a idiot. They left the trashed timming chain in the ski and the tore up chain broke.
    Ofcoarse they are at fault they are stupid asses and should have changed the chain after a failure like that.

I agree. They are at fault but will never admit it because it would cost them too much. Do you know anyone who's ever taken legal action against a dealership and come out on top? This is a huge F#@%K up on their part.

Thread Information