Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    tweeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kitimat B.C.
    Posts
    188

    Coolant intake tube

    I think it's called the water pipe, but it's about 1" in diameter and is on the right of the impeller. My problem is I added wedges and the hose inside the hull barely clamps on. It came off on me one time and started filling the hull. It needs to be about 1" longer.


  2. #2
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,569
    +1
    1,272
    How many wedges do you have on the jet pump?

    You have checked that the jet pump body and exit nozzle sections are fully seated into each other?

    What model/year is your machine? Other than the wedges, is the pump stock?

  3. #3
    tweeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kitimat B.C.
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    How many wedges do you have on the jet pump?

    You have checked that the jet pump body and exit nozzle sections are fully seated into each other?

    What model/year is your machine? Other than the wedges, is the pump stock?
    I have two, 3or4 degree wedges. Yeah everything is seated properly. It's a 95 slt750 with the stock pump.

  4. #4
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,327
    +1
    29
    Just install 1 wedge. Stacking 2 together doesn't work as well as a single 6*. (you'll get benefits from using just the 4* you have already)

    How far are your bolts threaded into the wear ring? You want at LEAST a solid 1" of thread inside. Hot Seat used to include longer bolts with the wedges for the short pumps like the SLT 750.

  5. #5
    tweeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kitimat B.C.
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Just install 1 wedge. Stacking 2 together doesn't work as well as a single 6*. (you'll get benefits from using just the 4* you have already)

    How far are your bolts threaded into the wear ring? You want at LEAST a solid 1" of thread inside. Hot Seat used to include longer bolts with the wedges for the short pumps like the SLT 750.

    I measured and got new bolts so there is enough meat on the threads. It looks like that might give me 1/2" back but might not be enough, would adding the tube from the extended pump work?

  6. #6
    casey67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lemont,IL
    Posts
    2,570
    +1
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by tweeder View Post
    I measured and got new bolts so there is enough meat on the threads. It looks like that might give me 1/2" back but might not be enough, would adding the tube from the extended pump work?
    The extended pump and tube are 4" longer.
    Is your tube completely smooth -round? I think there was an extended tube that was smooth, that alowed the tube to be cut-than reconnected with a hose.I think that was also neccesary with alot on angle(6-7*)-so the tube-o ring sealed properly.

  7. #7
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,569
    +1
    1,272
    There is a thin profile 6 degree wedge available. It is much less thick than the 'normal' six degree wedge, so there is less issue with the water tube length.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homer Glen Il.
    Posts
    8,702
    +1
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by tweeder View Post
    I measured and got new bolts so there is enough meat on the threads. It looks like that might give me 1/2" back but might not be enough, would adding the tube from the extended pump work?
    Remove the tube from the hull and put a rubber or nylon spacer on it where it meets up with the hull add silicone and you good to go the tube extends into the hull alot put your hose back on and call it a day

  9. #9
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,327
    +1
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by casey67 View Post
    I think there was an extended tube that was smooth, that alowed the tube to be cut-than reconnected with a hose..
    Yes sir ^^^^^

    I have one of the plastic Beerdart cooling tubes from way back when. I cut it, and added a hose to it so I can adjust the length as needed. Never had an issue.

  10. #10
    tweeder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kitimat B.C.
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    Remove the tube from the hull and put a rubber or nylon spacer on it where it meets up with the hull add silicone and you good to go the tube extends into the hull alot put your hose back on and call it a day

    Geee yer one smart cookie.... Gonna do that one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Intake tubing question.
    By 98Hawk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-29-2007, 08:18 AM
  2. 4in intake tubing
    By HoopsRXT in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-17-2006, 10:01 PM
  3. cheaper source for 4" intake tube
    By Lurker in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2006, 07:24 PM
  4. Intake Tube
    By JRW1484 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-21-2006, 10:32 AM
  5. Rear intake tube
    By bobscott in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-27-2005, 02:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •