Need to know how the open cooling system works on our 4-tecs

This is my secont language I´m from north europe. I hope errors is allowed

Okay long story short. I posted a thread some time ago but it seem like no one knows the answer I found out a really smart thing yo add on my rxp and ofcouse I would like to share it with all of you I just need to make it finish. And to make it finish I need to find a water source which provides water while I run it on the hose. I found out that the garden hose adapter on the back of our skis are connected to the little hose that goes to the j-pipe and thats what I don´t understand ?

How can the intercooler and exhoust manni become flushed when the water runs into the j-pipe and out of the exhouse ?

I ran my ski on the garden hose for a few times and found out that my intercooler didn´t became flushed. you can read my other thread right here:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...er-and-exhoust

or take a look at the att. pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	åbent kølersystem 2.jpg 
Views:	517 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	232306  

Banned User
    +1
    If you have rivas open loop thats why you wont get water to the intercooler using the stock (back of the ski) flush location. That location is connected to the oil cooler, exhaust manifold, and water box only. Thats why riva gave you thaf big flush kit adapter with the "y" in it. That way it basically flows through the entire system just like when the boats running.

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    the top hose on the J-pipe is your flush line. you are looking at a pic of the COOLING system, there is not one for the flushing.

I never payed attention to as if the intercooler gets flushed or not. I probably only ran my ski on the hose once or twice.

I don´t have riva opel loop. My cooling system is total stock. But if you say that the top hose on the j-pipe is the flush line then the water will never run through the intercooler and manni and that sucks when I only ride it in salt water and won´t be able to flush the IC and exhoust manni ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP rider View Post
    I don´t have riva opel loop. My cooling system is total stock. But if you say that the top hose on the j-pipe is the flush line then the water will never run through the intercooler and manni and that sucks when I only ride it in salt water and won´t be able to flush the IC and exhoust manni ?
    The water flows thru the J-pipe water jacket, to the T-fittings that cross over to the exhaust manifold, then out the bottom front of the exhaust maniflod it goes to the Intercooler, and back out the pump-inlet strainer when using the back flush port. It also dumps thru 3 little holes in the J-pipe(under the rubber coupler) into the waterbox. It flushes pretty good, unless your Intercooler was clogged(from starting it in too shallow of water).

Thread Information