Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Auto insurance question!

I am researching insurance companies and would like some target feedback of who you have for the vehicles only and what are you likes and dislikes.
    example > Progressive, yes they are good or not so happy...etc...

please participate if you can, thanks Andy...

currently we have Liberty mutual, and after 20+ years their rates are not so attractive for our age with no incidents...

How are:
    State Farms
    Geico
    Progressive
    Nationwide
    Allstate

Please state if you have a 6 months or 1 year policy. I finding that alot are 6 month policies...
    then what happens, they raise your rates???

+1
    I switched to Geico back about six months ago from farmers and literally saved 400 bucks year.

I pay a little over 200 bucks a month for full coverage on a 2011 Ford Fusion and a 2010 F150. Roadside, Rental Reinbursement ect...

So far I have zero gripes...they are very friendly and courteous people...I traded in my old truck a few weeks ago and it took all of three minutes to switch the insurance over at the dealer. I never had it that easy....Always was a PITA to make policy changes...

I never had great luck with State Farm....although I did wad up and destroy a few mustangs back in my wilder days on their dime....

+1
    I have had Allstate for a very long time. They have always been fantastic when it comes to claims (broken glass windshields, etc.). A couple times I called a couple of those "we'll save you XXX bucks over your insurance company" and when I give them my specs, they always say, hmmm, sorry we cannot do better than that. I have the 6 month policy. Of course NJ is the most expensive state in the country for insurance, thanks to our politicians. My cousins in IL had 5 cars and 4 people on their policy when I was younger and it was 1/4 of what I was paying here in NJ. Go figure?!?!

I also have them doing my boat (jetski) insurance.

+1
    I've been w/Progressive for about 15 yrs. and never had a problem w/service except for 1 time. The wife totaled a vehicle about 30 days post-Katrina. There wasn't a rental vehicle available within 500 miles of NOLA, so I ended up "renting" a family member's vehicle until the new purchase was made. Progressive put up some lip about reimbursing my rental expenses, but I stuck to my guns and collected the daily rate that my contract allowed for rental... so it all worked out after a little arguing.

Concerning rates, nobody has been able to beat mine w/Progressive. That being said, it's my understanding that my policy is grandfathered in under a "tier" that is no longer offered in Progressive's auto policies. I guess I'm stuck until a much better deal comes along. I even applied in the blind against my own policy and a new Progressive policy can't beat my current one... but when I checked across the board (Farmers, Geico, Allstate & New Progressive), they were all quite comparable.

+1
    My experience with Geico & Progressive was they always wanted to hike my rate after the first 6 months. Never put a claim through Geico but Progressive was easy to work with on the claim I filed with them. I've been using Ameriprise for a few years now & they are great. They used to be part of American Express but are now an independent co. We pay ~$1200 for a 6 month policy for 3 vehicles & they've never increased my rates. I don't exactly have a spotless record but save a little by keeping my deductibles at $1000.

Quote Originally Posted by WOT 88 View Post
    I never had great luck with State Farm....although I did wad up and destroy a few mustangs back in my wilder days on their dime....
    LOL. They still won't talk to me either. I had a DUI when I was 20(15 years ago) & then totalled my Integra 6 days before my policy was scheduled to be cancelled. Although, it might also have something to do with me leading 10+ state troopers on a 120mph chase for 20 miles down the turnpike.

+1
    Pale Rider, new jersey manufacturers insurance is really good, never had a problem. They pay dividends to you at the end of year for auto and home owner policy's. I saved almost half on my auto and home policy when I switched about 15 years ago. Dont know how competitve the rates are now, but I beleive they dont increase you rates for tickets or accidents. They will kick you off the policy if you have to many though.
    I also beleive they give discounts to certain union and trade groups.

+1
    Oh a word on Geico. Don't get in an accident if you have them. A friend of mine owns a body shop and they always want to cheap out on everything. Since he deals with high end cars, he will only use OEM parts and they won't pay for OEM and want to use cheap junk. So if the customer wants their car put back together correctly, they have to pay out of pocket for the difference.

ive had allstate now for a while and it was very good when it comes to small claims but i am going to b switching because about 6 months ago they stole my dodge ram 3500 and they still refuse to pay for it so ive been having to pay the monthly payment for the car and insurance for 6 months now without having a car everytime i call them they put a different xcuse as to y they still havent payed off the car and they offer to pay up to 20 dollars a day in the rental yet these days i dont really think u can rent anything for 20 dollars or less specially for 6 months now, i will b switching to another insurance so this post will b coming very handy for me also lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    My experience with Geico & Progressive was they always wanted to hike my rate after the first 6 months. Never put a claim through Geico but Progressive was easy to work with on the claim I filed with them. I've been using Ameriprise for a few years now & they are great. They used to be part of American Express but are now an independent co. We pay ~$1200 for a 6 month policy for 3 vehicles & they've never increased my rates. I don't exactly have a spotless record but save a little by keeping my deductibles at $1000.

LOL. They still won't talk to me either. I had a DUI when I was 20(15 years ago) & then totalled my Integra 6 days before my policy was scheduled to be cancelled. Although, it might also have something to do with me leading 10+ state troopers on a 120mph chase for 20 miles down the turnpike.

I have family members that are still with State Farm...would you believe even after 10+ years SF makes them all sign affidavits stating they will NOT allow ME to drive any of their vehicles...

I had a DUI when I was nineteen.....was running stop signs in the middle of the night like a jackass on a YZ 250...Last one I blew through there was a sergeant sitting there.... needless to say I hauled ass.....dude.. I cut over blocks by going between houses, ran into a fkn dog house @ wot and (busted my knee open)...dude dead serious....that cop never lost sight of me...he caught me 20+ blocks away, in my garage trying to close the door, with my bike laying on the floor idling, busted knee and all...as you may know there is a 30 mandatory vehicle impoundment upon conviction of a DUI....they actually come out and put a ''club'' on the wheel and lock it....I cannot describe the dudes face when he asked where the vehicle was and I dragged my race bike out of the trailer..... He just said sign here then left...

Dude...top this dumb shit....it was dropped because I wasn't legally drunk (yet). I had a fkn keg seat belted in the front passenger seat of my car...I was pumping it and drinking out of the tap when none other than johnny law pulled up and looked dead in my window...dudes eyes got as big as mangos...then yelled on his bull horn to ''pull the fk over now''....I had no excuse for the large wet spot on my shirt , spilled from the tap....

Sorry about the thread highjacking Palerider....I go off on rants....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WOT 88 View Post
    Dude...top this dumb shit....it was dropped because I wasn't legally drunk (yet). I had a fkn keg seat belted in the front passenger seat of my car...I was pumping it and drinking out of the tap when none other than johnny law pulled up and looked dead in my window...dudes eyes got as big as mangos...then yelled on his bull horn to ''pull the fk over now''....I had no excuse for the large wet spot on my shirt , spilled from the tap....

Sorry about the thread highjacking Palerider....I go off on rants....
    ROTFL! Dude that is the funniest thing I've read in quite a while!!! Thanks for the good laugh.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information