Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Matatan tocullo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    VISTA AL RIO FL
    Posts
    1,725
    +1
    69

    2006 rxp, 69mph on speedo is this normal for my mods?

    I test my ski today and I couldn't go faster than 69mph. I have stage 1 plus ride plate holes filled. The speed was not on gps it was on the speedo.
    Is this normal for what I have?


  2. #2
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    No matter how much you mod your ski... the speedo will not go past 70. Get a GPS!

  3. #3
    Matatan tocullo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    VISTA AL RIO FL
    Posts
    1,725
    +1
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    No matter how much you mod your ski... the speedo will not go past 70. Get a GPS!
    No wonder.... Thanks

  4. #4
    mstennes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    On the Columbia River above a Dam
    Posts
    843
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by tocullo View Post
    I test my ski today and I couldn't go faster than 69mph. I have stage 1 plus ride plate holes filled. The speed was not on gps it was on the speedo.
    Is this normal for what I have?
    Yea, my 06 speedo says 69 and my GPS says 80.3

  5. #5
    MSRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central MS
    Posts
    5,448
    +1
    7
    Did you de-pitch the prop a few mm to get your RPM's up to 8100? If not, you are missing out on speed. The root angle on the 14/19 is a little steep for the stage 1 kit IMO! Check your rpm's at WOT. If they are at or around 7800 or so, you need to de-pitch. Hope it works out for you on the speedo thing! Get a gps. It's the only way to go. You should be at or around 72-73 ish (possibly) on GPS.

  6. #6
    Matatan tocullo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    VISTA AL RIO FL
    Posts
    1,725
    +1
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    Did you de-pitch the prop a few mm to get your RPM's up to 8100? If not, you are missing out on speed. The root angle on the 14/19 is a little steep for the stage 1 kit IMO! Check your rpm's at WOT. If they are at or around 7800 or so, you need to de-pitch. Hope it works out for you on the speedo thing! Get a gps. It's the only way to go. You should be at or around 72-73 ish (possibly) on GPS.
    My rpms are 8160, i think that my speed is about 73 mph. I will definitely get a gps.

  7. #7
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,628
    +1
    808
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    Did you de-pitch the prop a few mm to get your RPM's up to 8100? If not, you are missing out on speed. The root angle on the 14/19 is a little steep for the stage 1 kit IMO! Check your rpm's at WOT. If they are at or around 7800 or so, you need to de-pitch.
    The root angle is not the problem. A 14/19 is a good replacement on even a stock RXP. Just may need some fine tuning.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Is this normal on a brand new ski (Rxp-x 300)
    By ante_183 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-27-2017, 12:32 PM
  2. Is this normal for a trailer? Wheels are angled inwards at top
    By BobOnThis in forum Towing and Trailers
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-13-2015, 10:48 AM
  3. Hot water from the PUMP while on hose, Is it normal for a 300lx??
    By cphillips1982 in forum Kawasaki Open Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-18-2012, 01:44 AM
  4. 2006 RXP 64mph on gps does this sound right?
    By tocullo in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-30-2011, 12:03 AM
  5. New RXP-X - Few questions - Is this normal?
    By boostaholic in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-29-2008, 11:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •