Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

How much water does it take to blow an engine?

If I am riding and hit some waves and the water gets into the intake, slowing the motor for 5-10 seconds. Should I worry? Or do I need to worry only if water shuts the motor down?

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    I'd worry! Way before the motor shuts down

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cjo632racing View Post
    If I am riding and hit some waves and the water gets into the intake, slowing the motor for 5-10 seconds. Should I worry? Or do I need to worry only if water shuts the motor down?
    ??? Is the intake on the outside of your ski??? Check the oil. If it looks like chocolate milk then ur in trouble.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_baker202 View Post
    ??? Is the intake on the outside of your ski???
    Close enough, his signiture.....

2006 GTX Limited: S3 Charger, 42LB INJ, RRFPR, 15/20R, Fizzle innercooler, Speedfreeks rear air intake, TDR with 3" through hull, Riva ride plate, heat exchanger,rear nozzel 81mm, Riva wedge, Riva grate, Riva sponsons, AEM gauges, ride plate holes filled, Pump veins knifed edged, wet pump mod, SS ring, GPS ???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    I'd worry! Way before the motor shuts down

This is why the disclaimer says NOT FOR RECREATIONAL USE. But hey, what do we/they know?

+1
    Sounds to me like the TOPS valve might be kicking in. Do you know for a fact that water is getting into the intake? I would be surprised if your spark plugs didn't foul considering it sounds like this happens to you often.

If your engine tries to compress water you're going to be in trouble.

+1
    No the oil has never been milky, I put my 4" fizzle up to where the seat meets the hull so it would suck cold air, and every so often a wave would come over the front and a little water would get between the seat and the glove box getting a little water into the 4" tube. The rxt would slow down a little (6500-7000 rpm) for about 5-10 seconds it would clear out and run fine after that. it has happen a few times never got milky oil. Just makin sure i am not killing my motor.

---------- Post added at 06:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

[QUOTE=JFizzleJR;1649838]Sounds to me like the TOPS valve might be kicking in. Do you know for a fact that water is getting into the intake? I would be surprised if your spark plugs didn't foul considering it sounds like this happens to you often.

Yes I have had to change 2 spark plugs in the last year.

+1
    Sounds like you are risking killing your motor a little bit at a time until it will someday go down to 7000 RPM and not come back up. My advice is avoid getting water in the intake at all. Good luck bro

No the oil has never been milky, I put my 4" fizzle up to where the seat meets the hull so it would suck cold air, and every so often a wave would come over the front and a little water would get between the seat and the glove box getting a little water into the 4" tube. The rxt would slow down a little (6500-7000 rpm) for about 5-10 seconds it would clear out and run fine after that. it has happen a few times never got milky oil. Just makin sure i am not killing my motor.
    Yes I have had to change 2 spark plugs in the last year.

+1

2006 GTX Limited: S3 Charger, 42LB INJ, RRFPR, 15/20R, Fizzle innercooler, Speedfreeks rear air intake, TDR with 3" through hull, Riva ride plate, heat exchanger,rear nozzel 81mm, Riva wedge, Riva grate, Riva sponsons, AEM gauges, ride plate holes filled, Pump veins knifed edged, wet pump mod, SS ring, GPS ???
    Have not put my rear air intake on yet should be on before the weekend.

+1

Ah... Tapa talk doesn't show them

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information