Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Whats next

Whats next

Well I put on the Fizzle air intake and Riva grate,thinking of a impelller I'm getting ready to change the wear ring so I thought It would be a good time to swap it out, but I'm sure of the pitch. I want something that would be good for future mods so I wouldnt have to change it again in the near future or should I just leave the stock one in, replace the wear ring and throw on a wedge and do the exhaust.

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

Sorry ski is a 05 rxp ride holes filled and reverse bucket mod

+1
    The best begginer mods for the money is X charger and 42 lb injectors. Try that out and go from there, you won't be dissapointed!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAShark View Post
    The best begginer mods for the money is X charger and 42 lb injectors. Try that out and go from there, you won't be dissapointed!
    +1

And go with the SS ring, it's worth the extra money IMO. For what you have listed go with the Solas 14/19 and if you add the x charger and 42's at a later date you just have to tweak the trailing edge a bit.

I was thinking the same thing found a rebuilt x charger with the better seal for 500 and a set of 42s for 100 good deal ya think?Hell with it I'll do the charger mod and the exhaust!Yup im bit theres no turng back now lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wettank View Post
    I was thinking the same thing found a rebuilt x charger with the better seal for 500 and a set of 42s for 100 good deal ya think?Hell with it I'll do the charger mod and the exhaust!Yup im bit theres no turng back now lol
    Make sure the x charger does not have the gold washers. If it does, I would send it off to Jerry to have them replaced and for him to check everything else out...believe me, having washers grenade in your engine will ruin your day, week and month. And depending on how many hours are on the used SC and how much you trust the guy you're buying it from, it may be worth it to buy a new one - rebuild is roughly $400 if you have Jerry do it and a new XSC is $749 in the store.

It has a Viton seal and Mcmaster spring washers and has a service invoice no hours since rebuild

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wettank View Post
    It has a Viton seal and Mcmaster spring washers and has a service invoice no hours since rebuild
    Get the 14/19 and SS Ring and you should be good to go.

+1
    If you are going with an X Charger I would recommend a 15/20.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAShark View Post
    If you are going with an X Charger I would recommend a 15/20.
    With either prop you're most likely going to have to tweak it + or - to get to the 8100 sweet spot depending on your riding conditions.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DallasGV View Post
    And go with the SS ring, it's worth the extra money IMO.
    I have to respectfully disagree. The driveline being allowed more flex with the plastic ring is one reason, among others. The moving parts will last longer if they aren't so locked in place. Kind of like how the supercharger needs a clutch.

With the SS ring ($170) you'll need a solid front engine mount ($158.) to make sure the impeller doesn't deflect into the wear ring. As your impeller wears over time instead of the wear ring, you will have to have the prop re-built (more $$)...

For those who think calculations are boring: SKIP THIS PART OF THE POST . All the while you can get the equivalent of 5.5 OEM wear rings ($60) for the price of the engine mount and stainless wear ring. And don't forget flipping each wear ring once to get two uses out of each ring. That's effectively 11 uses for 5.5 wear rings (I realize you can't buy a 1/2 of a wear ring...it's for math puposes)...And good luck with removing a stainless wear ring. It's not fun to say the least. Anyways, 11 uses times, say, 25 hours per ring = 275 hours of use before the price catches up. And that's without paying to have the prop re-built.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information