Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

cheaper rebuild kit for charger? would this work?

i am in no means trying to skimp on anything, however, every time i have my charger rebuilt, I use mcmaster spring washers and riva washers... this kit http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-S...rcraftQ5fParts
    seems to have everything except these and is over $100 cheaper than the full kit and includes everything except those items that i do not use anyway... could someone tell me if i got this and ordered mcmaster spring washers and riva washers from Jerry and sent it to him to have my charger rebuilt it would work out in my favor and be cheaper? at the moment i am very low on funds and no job right now and need to have my charger rebuilt soon... i think its at 80 hours since last rebuild, any input would be appreciated, thanks
    TJ

+1
    That's an 06-07 kit not sure if it's OEM though. I would save up a little more and go for the 08+ kit in the store and your charger will hold slip longer and also last longer. So in the long run the more money spent now will save you money.

Wesley Chapel, FL. Y L Isla Del Encato PR.
    I seen that kit and was wondering the same thing but I went ahead and bought the $300 one.

+1
    It looks like someone took a rebuild kit and split it in half. It's missing the gear, needle bearings, flat nut, clutch washers, spring washers, L ring and nut.
    Yes, it will work for you, but you will have to reuse your gear and other components. How badly is your gear worn? If you need a new gear they are $90 by themselves.

The new rebuild kits come with the Rotax Racing washers. Not really any need to buy the Riva washers when going with the new rebuild kit.

It's probably best to just go with the complete rebuild kit and utilize the washers that come in the kit.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    It looks like someone took a rebuild kit and split it in half. It's missing the gear, needle bearings, flat nut, clutch washers, spring washers, L ring and nut.
    Yes, it will work for you, but you will have to reuse your gear and other components. How badly is your gear worn? If you need a new gear they are $90 by themselves.

The new rebuild kits come with the Rotax Racing washers. Not really any need to buy the Riva washers when going with the new rebuild kit.

It's probably best to just go with the complete rebuild kit and utilize the washers that come in the kit.
    I have to agree, it would seem these latest washers are darn good, and im only using 2 McMaster washers with 3 08 spec washers to get 16-17lbs of slip.

R88

+1
    The latest washers have NO reported failures to my knowledge. IMO it's in your best interest to use them.

+1
    so the newest kit that I could get from Jerry has Rotax Racing washers that are all metal and not the metal coated ceramics that still failed??

Jerry.. you've rebuilt my charger a few times and I've always ran the mcmasters and riva washers.. with the new kit I could get from you would I be good to go?? my mods are very minimal, no engine mods, I just love how I can always hit the red button and go! I like riding, not wrenching, im at 297 hours at the moment and the thing runs like it did the day I bought it in 07.. if I saved up a bit more and got the newest kit and sent you my charger would you recommend just installing it like it is?? I ride many hours a week, im not tough on it by any means, my ski is babied, but i got it for one reason.. to use it

any other reccomendations on maintenance for my hours? i've replaced carbon seal a couple times, plan on doing that again sometime this year, pump was rebuilt last season, coolant has been changed about 3 times, oil changes every 25-50 hours and i know it may sound weird and overkill, but i fog my engine after every ride.. thanks in advance for all the input

TJ

+1
    Yes, the new ones are metal bro.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1300218460806.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	232402  

+1
    TJ, yes the kit I sell has the Rotax Racing washers already in the kit
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=763

With minimal mods and with a stock supercharger there's no need for you to use the McMaster spring washers. I only use them on the high boost build.

Hope that helps!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPteamtimebomb View Post
    any other reccomendations on maintenance for my hours? i've replaced carbon seal a couple times, plan on doing that again sometime this year, pump was rebuilt last season, coolant has been changed about 3 times, oil changes every 25-50 hours and i know it may sound weird and overkill, but i fog my engine after every ride.. thanks in advance for all the input

TJ
    helps a lot, knowing that I can get it rebuilt for about $400 now, thanks so much....any input on other maintenance for my hours ^^^^???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information