Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Smile Installed Fizzle Intercooler with fantastic results

I just recently installed the new fizzle cooler and I must say the kit performs great. Fizzle has done an awsome job with the new bracket, cooler is rock solid mounted in the ski.

As some of you already my ski had performed very well before installing the intercooler. With a top speed of 79.1 with an x charger, stock I/C, and stock ECU, so couldn't wait to install the fizzle kit. But performance of the ski would fall off a bit after a few runs due to the crappy stock I/C

First time out on the water the ski was banging the limiter around 1/2-3/4 throttle with the prop pitched to 15/22 and the 80mm nozzle ring.

After bringing the prop to GREENHULK and adding 2 more mm of pitch I was able to hit a whopping 80.4 mph with ski close to the limiter at 8180. Not only did i gain speed but the acceleration is unreal.

For any new member reading this I purchased the Fizzle kit here in the online store:
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=983

My current mods:

X charger

Fizzle Intercooler
    RRFPR
    42# injectors
    Riva Rear Air
    15/20r + 4mm pitched by green hulk
    Riva intake grate with R&D girdle kit
    R&D Steering nozzle
    TDR Waterbox with Riva through hull
    SS wearing
    Speedfreeks impeller nose cone
    Stock ECU

I would also like to thank Jerry for all the help and recommendations he has given me while modding my ski, and fizzle for super fast shipping!

Well well well, I guess this is proof right here I should be able to touch 80 with my setup + a couple of Knicks knacks here and there to the plate and hull etc.

I guess I should soon look into playing with my pitch......huh Jerry??? As is now, I'm consistent 8050-8100

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blkturbo! View Post
    Well well well, I guess this is proof right here I should be able to touch 80 with my setup + a couple of Knicks knacks here and there to the plate and hull etc.

I guess I should soon look into playing with my pitch......huh Jerry??? As is now, I'm consistent 8050-8100
    I would change the 3in air intake and go with the either the Fizzle 4" or switch to the Riva rear air you will see nice gains with either one, check your RPM's and then send your prop to Jerry

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grab bar.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	232483

This is how I had my grab bar cut to allow more air to the charger.

Yea next week I'm ordering the hose to do my 4in....I do too much hot dogging for rear air.
    Got the plate getting worked on now by Jim....keeping closed loop. Simple, smart and reliable

---------- Post added 03-16-2011 at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-15-2011 at 11:58 PM ----------

Hey are those holes good for venting heat also? With my kanaflex 4in coming, should I cut these also for general ventilation, along with not having water ingestion since I'm sticking with kana flex mod?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blkturbo! View Post
    Yea next week I'm ordering the hose to do my 4in....I do too much hot dogging for rear air.
    Got the plate getting worked on now by Jim....keeping closed loop. Simple, smart and reliable
    Let me know how your plate works once you get it back from Jim interested to see your gains.

Yep, i sure will! getting just the $200 basics from him....not sure if the skegs are worth the extra cash yet, especially since my water is mostly flat to light chop here
    Should be another couple weeks before hitting the water though since I'm out of town this coming weekend.

How about those holes? Good for general ventilation as with my setup? Don't get too much water in there all over?

+1
    Not really I would just go ahead and install flow rites
    You can find them here:
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=504

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    I highly recommend this mod, it will make your ski sound awesome and breathe better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0102011401.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	232490   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0102011402.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	232491  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ultramaxracing05 View Post
    I highly recommend this mod, it will make your ski sound awesome and breathe better.
    I am interested in doing this. I am sure I could do it. MY question is though, did you take off the stock air tube and use an aftermarket air intake or did you just take of the stock intake? I am getting a external intercooler, 15/20 repitched prop and injectors soon and I have already upgraded the charger. Will this be ok to do until I get those things on or should I wait till I put all of it on? I mostly run flat water also.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information