+1

removing throttle/shift levers has anyone had to drill the bolts out?

I need to replace my shift cable on 06 Speedster 150. I can't get the 4 bolts out so I will need to drill the heads off. Has anyone had to do this? and what I'm I looking at once I get the controller out? Will I be able to put visegrips on them and remove?

The lever movers but nothing happen in the back. I can move the cable with the bucket and the lever goes in to F and R but really hard. I did discount the cable and tried to move it by hand but it's harder to do.

Thanks for the help...

They are super tight. I had to get them off out of an older boat I used to have and it was not easy. If the heads are ok try spraying wd-40 and leave it overnight. Then grab the biggest screwdriver you have that can fit tight on the screw heads and go for it. Thats what worked for me. Is super inportant that the screwdriver you use is the correct size for the head.

Get a manual. I got one from Sea-doo.net for free.

Are you having problems getting the plastic plate off or the actual shift assembly?? When I took mine apart the bolts that held down the shift assembly were allen bolts.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cjb View Post
    They are super tight. I had to get them off out of an older boat I used to have and it was not easy. If the heads are ok try spraying wd-40 and leave it overnight. Then grab the biggest screwdriver you have that can fit tight on the screw heads and go for it. Thats what worked for me. Is super inportant that the screwdriver you use is the correct size for the head.

Get a manual. I got one from Sea-doo.net for free.
    Thanks....Don't have manual but need to get one. I think I was on that sit and you had to pay something to get it. I have sprayed wd-40 a few time but I think they are going to brake off.

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thor7000 View Post
    Are you having problems getting the plastic plate off or the actual shift assembly?? When I took mine apart the bolts that held down the shift assembly were allen bolts.
    Not the plastic it was easy the actual assembly. I wish they were allens but I still think they would probably brake or strip out.

+1
    I got 1 screw out and had to drill the other 3. The cable was in bad shape.

Thread Information