Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Lets talk seat covers

My seat has a tear and needs to be recovered. There seems to be several choices with deferent prices. Here is one example that I found on Ebay. What have you used in the past? How is the quality? How much you pay for it? I want to keep the stock look.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by eb87 View Post
    My seat has a tear and needs to be recovered. There seems to be several choices with deferent prices. Here is one example that I found on Ebay. What have you used in the past? How is the quality? How much you pay for it? I want to keep the stock look.

JETTRIM!!!! from mild to wild they do it all! I think I gave like 169.00 for this 100% custom seat cover....They even sent me different swatches to choose from prior to placing my order! Everyone has their prefrences...my buisness will only go to JetTrim!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	r1.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	232507   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	r4.jpg 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	232508   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	r7.jpg 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	232509  

+1
    I think I got a M-line seat cover. I know you can pretty much get it anyway you want. I got an all black one and I think the cost of it and shipping was about $140. The quality seems good. It was alittle hard to get on due to me never doing before but I did get it one and it is nice and tight with no wrinkles.

+1
    I looked at the jettrim website, it says you leave the old cover on? Wouldn't that make it too hard? anybody who's done this before?

+1
    I looked at the jettrim website, it says you leave the old cover on? Wouldn't that make it too hard? anybody who's done this before?
    Yeah you leave the old seat cover on. I did this with my Hydro-Turf seat cover on my RXP-X. As another option to look at Hydro-Turf has a sub thing called HT Moto that makes seat covers just like Jet-Trim.
    http://hydroturf.com/product/Seat_Co...HTMoto/AZSEW89

Wesley Chapel, FL. Y L Isla Del Encato PR.
    I want to change my boring red seat cover on my RXP. Is their a thread with different colors of seats?

+1
    I went with this seat cover for my FZS from the GH store (I know, not a SD) and really like the grip--just right but not too much.

And I used this thread as a guideline when I installed the new cover: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ighlight=cover.

+1
    I left my old seat cover on when I put the aftermarket seat cover on. I read several threads and that is what they say to do. I guess the old seatcover is waterproof in some way. Make sure when you get one and put it on that you have enough material on all the sides so you hae enough to stretch and staple. I used a crappy harborfreight staple/brad nailer with my little compressor and it worked fine. The front was alittle hard to get stretched but I finally managed to get it and the seat cover is nice and tight with no wrinkles at all. Just leave it in the sun for alittle while to make it stretch easier and you will be fine. Hope this helps!

+1
    If you,re putting a cover on an X ski you want to remove the stock cover! they are not waterproof. That is straight form Jettrim. When I did mine, I noticed the foam was soaked. I had plastic put on the seat under the cover.

+1
    it's an 05 RXT. My only fear is that the seat will end up being too hard (by keeping the original cover on). It's already noticeably firmer than my buddy's 08 and I had attributed it to the vinyl being older and sun burned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information