Some advice for 2008 RXT X

Hey guys

i am new to the forums and i recently bought a 2008 RXT X with 5 hours on the clock, ive ridden it a bit it has 13 hours now and ive taken it in for a small service for oil and filter change etc

I was just wondering, ive done a bit of reading, regarding the supercharger the gold washers on it need to be replaced to steel washers? should this be done immediately or can i wait for the 100 hour mark to do it?

Should i also leave the intake grade stock or get a worx one installed, i believe you save alot of fuel with an after market intake grate?

Is there anything else i need to know about concerning my RXT X, i just want to look after it and keep it going for many hours to come

Thanks in advance

+1
    Do a search for Rxtx pump tunnel reinforcement.

If you are going to only lightly mod your ski I would leave the stock washers in. My stock washers just started slipping @ 84 hrs.
    Not sure which aftermarket grate is best for a TX, but anything is better than stock.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsta View Post
    Hey guys

i am new to the forums and i recently bought a 2008 RXT X with 5 hours on the clock, ive ridden it a bit it has 13 hours now and ive taken it in for a small service for oil and filter change etc

I was just wondering, ive done a bit of reading, regarding the supercharger the gold washers on it need to be replaced to steel washers? should this be done immediately or can i wait for the 100 hour mark to do it?

Should i also leave the intake grade stock or get a worx one installed, i believe you save alot of fuel with an after market intake grate?

Is there anything else i need to know about concerning my RXT X, i just want to look after it and keep it going for many hours to come

Thanks in advance
    Definately get the gold SC washers replaced....they were known to fail and i wouldnt risk leaving them on until the 100 hr rebuild. Send the charger into Jerry and he will replace the washers for you and reset the slip....as this will need to be done anyway.

If you ride rough water...then go with the Worx, it will definately hook up better for you. Not sure about it saving you fuel though, that will be really down to the way you ride it.

The other thing i would check, is the pump tunnel....check it for cracks. You can check this when or if you change the grate...as you`ll be able to inspect it right with the grate removed. There was small cracking in mine...which i repaired myself, with help from posts on the site. It`s been ok since i did the repair and my ski is modded quite a bit now. Not all of them did it...but it`s worth a look for piece of mind.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsta View Post
    Hey guys

Thanks in advance
    I have a 2008 RXT-X, and the washers are gold in color, and I replaced them at 100 hour, and now have 173 hours, and still going strong.
    Despite what you may hear from others, they are incorrect. The 2008 X washers are fine. You won't need to do anything until you have about 100 hours. I had mine rebuilt with 102 hours, and the slip was still well within spec.

Also, the pump tunnel is prone to cracking. This is a known issue that SeaDoo has acknowledged, and repaired under warranty(I had mine re-enforced by the dealer, under warranty). However, I believe that all of them will develop spider cracks in the gel coat, at some point. This isn't necessarily a sign that the tunnel will fail. Just an indication of flexing going on in the tunnel, which is normal for these boats.

Ride the hell out of it for 100 hour, and don't worry about it(change oil at 50 hours, and SC washers and oil filter at 100 hours-ride the hell out of some more). Replace the stock intake grate with an R&D grate and go faster, and get better mileage. The stock intake grate is restrictive and causes a lot of drag. I can't personally comment on the Worx grate, as I haven't used it. So, do a search in the Seadoo forum for the Worx grate and see what the reviews are like.

Did I mention ride the hell out of it???

+1
    In addition to above, check the slip at the 50-60 hour mark. The gold clutches in my ski were fine......but the inner bearing of the S/Cer failed at 83 hours.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    I have a 2008 RXT-X, and the washers are gold in color, and I replaced them at 100 hour, and now have 173 hours, and still going strong.
    Despite what you may hear from others, they are incorrect. The 2008 X washers are fine. You won't need to do anything until you have about 100 hours. I had mine rebuilt with 102 hours, and the slip was still well within spec.

Also, the pump tunnel is prone to cracking. This is a known issue that SeaDoo has acknowledged, and repaired under warranty(I had mine re-enforced by the dealer, under warranty). However, I believe that all of them will develop spider cracks in the gel coat, at some point. This isn't necessarily a sign that the tunnel will fail. Just an indication of flexing going on in the tunnel, which is normal for these boats.

Ride the hell out of it for 100 hour, and don't worry about it(change oil at 50 hours, and SC washers and oil filter at 100 hours-ride the hell out of some more). Replace the stock intake grate with an R&D grate and go faster, and get better mileage. The stock intake grate is restrictive and causes a lot of drag. I can't personally comment on the Worx grate, as I haven't used it. So, do a search in the Seadoo forum for the Worx grate and see what the reviews are like.

+1

Just to add on this, the WORX grate is said to be worse on gas consumption of all the intake grates according to a few posts on GH. I hear the R&D will give you better fuel economy... but honestly, if fuel economy was a big concern, an "X" boat was probably not the best thing to buy!

Thanks for all the info guys! greatly appreciated, i dont use the ski in rough waters or the ocean, its in a dam, sort of like a lake i will definitely look into the pump tunnel and R&D grate

Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post

So you only need to change the S/C washers at the 100 hr mark and not the complete rebuild kit?

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Emig5m View Post
    So you only need to change the S/C washers at the 100 hr mark and not the complete rebuild kit?
    There's more to it than that. I don't know exactly what is replaced besides the washers.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Emig5m View Post
    You need to completely rebuild the S/Cer at about 100 hours.....

Thread Information