Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    +1

RR IC vs. Riva IC vs. ????

The more I think about it I belive the RR IC would perform better closer to the TB. The Riva appears to be closer. Niles is making a new IC but is it for the SC kits or will it fit a stock SC as well??

I just think the IC is not living up to my expectations and may want to try another one, and closer only makes sense to be better????

It seems the less distance the air has to travel would yield more boost??

So chime in with your ideas.

David

+1
    Yes, the closer the better.

Nils will be making a kit as well that will be using a Vortech intercooler. It wont be just for the belt driven sc either.

I wonder whats going on with your ski in that you are not satisfied with the RR IC. Once i put mine on my eyes went

+1
    I don't know Jerry, it makes me wonder why I loose acceleration and others love it.
    I did not do the SC impeller, just the IC.

I wanted to do 1 part at a time. PPG thinks I need to add the SC impeller and I will see gains but I want to get gains with the IC first.

I am going to flip the wear ring (just to be safe) and install the spacer and see what happens.

I have checked for air leaks a dozen times and just still don't get it??

So my thinking is that if you have a given amount of air volume and you increase the distance it travels by 3-4 times and add a restriction of the coil there has to be some loss of volumetric pressure. (Big Words)

So maybe the SC impeller gains back the lost volume and the IC cools the charge to below stock temps and you see good gains. Maybe why the SC impeller alone is not all that great since more air is produced but at a high temperature.

Maybe the IC is one of those parts that you just have to have the SC impeller to see any gains I don't know.

+1
    Man, i don't get it. You should have seen massive gains with the RR IC.

Yes, you do lose some boost, but gains should still be tremendous.

The Vortech impeller will help alot, even on skis without an IC. I did the Vortech mod before I had the IC and was astounded at the difference.

Just ask watermedic. He just installed one on his RXP with 160 hours on it and he can't believe the difference in acceleration.

Where is Southaven, MS? Its probably not too far from Morgan City. I think you should bring your ski down here and let me work on it. I would be happy to have a look at it for you. I won't even charge you, i'd be happy to do it. Get here early on a Saturday, i'll check it out then we can go for a ride that afternoon. If Southaven is far maybe consider an overnight stay?

Oh, i could even put on a new sc impeller if you wanted. Ya gotta buy that though

I've never had a problem with my RR IC and its in the back of the hull mounted in foam. You need 8400 to make 9 lbs and mine will do that all day. Mine is at compound angle, back tiped down and the inlet tilted down to make sure exchange water exits at the top corner.

David, Are you doing all of your testing at Enid? What is the water temp?
    I have found that water temp seams to have more effect than air temp. PM me and let me know what rpms you are seeing. I might have some ideas for you. You need to take Jerry up on his offer.

David

+1
    I think RR stuff is awesome and I would never second guess it but I can see were you are coming from. 1)how hot is the water you are riding in?
    2)do you still have the water inlet resticter between the pump and the bulkhead? , (the yellow thing?) 3)try switching the water inlet into the IC and try to put just alittle more restriction than that yellow thing is use a very thin washer I still dont have a new impeller in my SC but Im about to try one, can not wait!!!!!!

+1
    I cant get Turbo to post this but, he has installed the full stage 2 Riva and actually lost speed! His best runs were high 69's and low 70's! Solas 14/18.5 and only running 7700-7800 rpms Whats that about? I would have thought he would run on the limiter with that prop. Something sure seems to be a miss here. I am leaving him with my ski( stage 1 with Vortech sc impeller)! He hasnt messed with oil so we know the oil level is fine! Im trying to get him to throw the 15/20 on just to see what happens! Any thought would be appreciated!

+1
    Doesn't the Riva Stage 2 kit come with the 15/20?
    Maybe he should put that impeller on and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by JD 1
    I think RR stuff is awesome and I would never second guess it but I can see were you are coming from. 1)how hot is the water you are riding in?
    2)do you still have the water inlet resticter between the pump and the bulkhead? , (the yellow thing?) 3)try switching the water inlet into the IC and try to put just alittle more restriction than that yellow thing is use a very thin washer I still dont have a new impeller in my SC but Im about to try one, can not wait!!!!!!
    So when you put on an aftermarket IC your supposed to restrict water from going in. I would think you could have more water to use in the IC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information