+1

Question Riva stinger exhaust question? please help! asap!!

hello everyone,
    i recently got a Riva stinger exhaust pipe, i believe its the stinger 1, because its doesnt say 2 or 3. my question is what do i do with the sensor that connects near the waterbox?? i tried to run without it and the ski wouldnt even start, so i took off the stock sensor from stock pipe, and connected it to harness and left the sensor hanging.. is this safe to do??? or do i need to drill and tap the stinger pipe??? it seems to run well on the hose, but i havent water tested yet. btw the stinger exhaust sounds awesome with the freeflow exhaust from a gpr1300!!! and i noticed the throttle response seems crisper!!

please let me know what i need to do with the sensor, thanks for the help its greatly appreciated!!!

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    You can tiewrap it up and out of the way, or better yet, look in the how to's for a bypass chip that you can make with the connector from the sensor and a resistor. The size of resistor you need will depend on the year and make of your ski. (either a 10k or 2.2k) I'm not sure about drilling and tapping that stinger.
    Good luck, hope this helped.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by XLT Chad View Post
    You can tiewrap it up and out of the way, or better yet, look in the how to's for a bypass chip that you can make with the connector from the sensor and a resistor. The size of resistor you need will depend on the year and make of your ski. (either a 10k or 2.2k) I'm not sure about drilling and tapping that stinger.
    Good luck, hope this helped.

thanks xlt chad for the quick response!!!, im gonna look into making a resistor, my ski is a 2001 gpr1200. do u know if ill need the 10k or the 2.2k? has anyone else ran the stinger and just zip tied the sensor out of the way, and can this hurt anything???

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    My XLT is an '01, it took the the 10 k. you can get them at Radio shack for dirt cheap. 1/2 watt 10k ohm part# 271-1126. I would get them both just to be sure.

Thread Information