Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Sunday Ride....

I ran mine Sunday morning 43degrees water 60 degrees had an 80mm nozzle & the longest shuttle I had with the longest bolt, stock 15/20. GOOD GOD IT WAS FFFFFFRRRREEEEEZZZZZING! She ran like a bat of of HELL! Sitting up on the seat at a say 35mph hit the first # on the tach was 8220 then 8440 then on the chip I had no options left but to tweak the prop so i loaded it up. It was pulling a solid 14psi boost and trying to hold it at 8500{3/4 throttle} sitting up on the seat she went 82.3 in both directions. Wish I would have bent the prop b/f I rode it. NEVER dreamed it would run that strong. I think 84mph in those same conditions with a tuned prop is reachable! Now if I could just get it to run like that in the summer The last time I rode it was 68 degrees water 78 and with the same setup except a short shuttle & bolt it went 82.5 @ 8420. So a 25 air drop & 18 water temp drop made over 200-300 rpm's.... All I can say is she ROCKS!!!

+1
    Yep, summertime is gonna suck. Back down to 80-81

So are you finding the AAT useful in your tuning of the ski? I know many say not to use them above a stage 1. It seems you are making use of it. NICE numbers by the way!

Yea back to 81 I guess??? RXPSTEVE, Yes the AAT is very useful we all use it down here. I was able to kill 120rpm's and gain speed with that system.BUT I can feel the midrange loss. Going from the middle shuttle to the longest will make a noticable differnce... Ya can never have too much adjustability! With the nozzle kit & AAT I would say I have the capabilty of adjusting 400-500 rpm's... Wish I had a 79 & 78 mm nozzle to add in the mix I could have really made sum great #'s Sunday..... Oh well maybe I'll try a steeper pitch 3 blade now???? I hear that a 15/19 3 blade is steeper than a 15/20 4 blade. That might be right up my alley!

I would like to run the 81mm with my middle shuttle & shorter bolt but It will take one hell of a pitched prop to stay at 8500 in the cool conditions.... I would need a prop that is about 300-350 rpm's steeper on topend than a stock 15/20 4 blade!

+1
    Charles, are you going to put that fast RXP on radar at MB3? I know you haven't run against the official gun for the last two MB's, but we are going to need more fast RXPs to make runs next year to compete with all the blazing fast GPRs that are going to show up.

Charles, are you going to put that fast RXP on radar at MB3? I know you haven't run against the official gun for the last two MB's
    Sure Jarrett! Just make sure to wake my drunk ass up b/f ya leave BUT I wont be any competition against those GPR's... Maybe the single pipe'd ones and also the heat is gonna kick out about 3 mph on all us RXP guys unless I figure a way to NOS the system with the timing up... I dont think I have any choice though or option of lowering the timing????

+1
    Don't run NOS without dropping the timing. "BOOM"

The only way to adjust your timing is with a programable ECU

Where or how I get that Jerry? Can I work with what I have or no?I would like maybe a 50 hp shot just to cool off things and make up for heat....

+1
    You have several options. One is basically plug and play, the Rotax Racing EMS system which comes with a display and wire harness to connect to all of your sensors.

Then you have Motec and Autronics, but then you have to custom fabricate you wire harness and come up with a display.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information