Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Spring upgrade time... more like I just need piece of mind

So I hit 100hr, need a rebuild, and figured since its off lets upgrade. Now I know this topic has been beaten to death, but before I commit to buy I just want some opinions so I dont make a mistake I regret later. Im looking for reliabilty over anything else.

Have the standard bolt ons, Riva plate, 4" air, Riva grate, HX mod, Fizzle intercooler 14/19 prop.

My first plan was to get a X-charger, 42's, and a RRFPR. But this would include having to monitor the A/F and having a O2 bung installed. This just seems to be more money then I have to put out atm. Plus with the way the water temp around my area changes I dont want to have to be tuning it every month.

Second plan is rebuild with either Gen II wheel or R&D C3 wheel with 42's. Im leaning more on this plan because of the cost and for lack of a better term, install and forget setup.

I know that I might have to add a 15/20 prop or tweak mine but im going to wait and see where im at first. Last season I seemed to be around 7950 all summer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sfackett0 View Post
    My first plan was to get a X-charger, 42's, and a RRFPR. But this would include having to monitor the A/F and having a O2 bung installed. This just seems to be more money then I have to put out atm. Plus with the way the water temp around my area changes I dont want to have to be tuning it every month.
    Steven, I can tell you with certainty that having the 42's and the RRFPR with the X charger is more than adequate to provide enough fueling. No need to worry with your AFR. This is a very proven setup used by many. I would go straight to the X charger and not bother with the drop in wheels. Also, without a doubt you will need the 15/20R impeller.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Steven, I can tell you with certainty that having the 42's and the RRFPR with the X charger is more than adequate to provide enough fueling. No need to worry with your AFR. This is a very proven setup used by many. I would go straight to the X charger and not bother with the drop in wheels. Also, without a doubt you will need the 15/20R impeller.
    Definatly the best bang for the buck. Go with x charger you won't be dissapointed.

+1
    Whats the base FP set at when running x charger,rrfpr,42s,and ex Ic???
    With or without the boost line hooked up?

+1
    humm, Thanks Jerry. What is the base pressure I would set the RRFPR at then without knowing my A/F?

+1
    I would set it at 60 psi

+1
    Yea I just got done doing some searches, but ive seen anywhere from 50-60psi. Some people say 53-55 some say 50-55 others say 60. Then im also reading that some people are saying you need to upgrade the fuel pump.

+1
    Yea I just got done doing some searches, but ive seen anywhere from 50-60psi. Some people say 53-55 some say 50-55 others say 60. Then im also reading that some people are saying you need to upgrade the fuel pump.
    All depends if your reg rises as it should. In my testing at sea level in 75ish degree weather you want to see around 70lbs fuel pressure at wot. Lots of variables here but this should put you close. With higher elevation you could lower it a bit depending on your conditions. You can get away with stock fuel pump.

+1
    Set it at 60 psi base pressure. I highly recommend you get the Riva RRFPR for your ski. It rises properly and it's completely plug and play. No cutting hoses and using hose clamps to hold the high pressure fuel lines. It's a first class system!

+1
    yea the more and more i think and read about it, it makes more sense to do it. Cause if I sell my old prop and charger that would offset the cost of new parts making them almost even.
    1650 - xcharger/seal/injectors/RRFPR/prop
    -300 - (maybe more)for old charger and prop
    1350 - total

.vs

1019 - rebuild kit/charger wheel/seal
    +100 - shipping and rebuild fee
    +300 - new prop
    1419 - total

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information