Thread: No gps removal

No gps removal

I just finished installing the stage one kit on my 2010 RXT-X and had the ecu flashed. The guy at the dealership said that once the software was updated buds gave a warning that there is no gps limit. I got to the dock and I'm here stuck on 69mph (speedo). It wants to go faster but it keeps throttling back. Any ideas why it wont work?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Motors4fun View Post
    I just finished installing the stage one kit on my 2010 RXT-X and had the ecu flashed. The guy at the dealership said that once the software was updated buds gave a warning that there is no gps limit. I got to the dock and I'm here stuck on 69mph (speedo). It wants to go faster but it keeps throttling back. Any ideas why it wont work?
    Did you already have the BUDS cluster update 3.0.3.5 installed in your ski???? If not, thats a must before the speed module will work. Not sure what you mean by "Flashed". I had to have the update installed and then had the ECU flashed. Module now operates properly.. 73 MPH...

+1
    Why isn't the update enough... when this product was advertised, they said you just had to have BUDS updated. RIVA had to flash your ECU right?

When I dropped the ski off I told them to update to the latest buds software. I was in aware that the cluster had to be flashed too. Hope that's all it is.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckmoto View Post
    Why isn't the update enough... when this product was advertised, they said you just had to have BUDS updated. RIVA had to flash your ECU right?
    Yep.. I should not have had to have this done but I did and it worked. Not sure why...

---------- Post added at 03:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Motors4fun View Post
    When I dropped the ski off I told them to update to the latest buds software. I was in aware that the cluster had to be flashed too. Hope that's all it is.
    Its actually a cluster update specifically update 3.0.3.5 Information on this update can be found in boss webb.

Thread Information