Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    primorxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    415
    +1
    11

    Two 1/8 mile drag races set for the mid west

    May 21 & 22 Poplar Bluff Mo.

    September 10 &11 New Athens Il.

    Classes

    Box Stock no sc or turbo
    Box Stock turbo or sc
    Modified up to 80 mph
    Super Stock IJSBA rules
    Unlimited ISJBA rules


    Safety

    dot helmet at the minimum
    neck roll prefer EVS
    Coast Guard approved vest
    If over 80 mph Ballistic shorts
    closed toe foot wear

    Prizes

    trophy 1st & 2nd
    working on purse sponsors

    Info

    The race is held along with the drag boat races. So we must run under Lucas rules.
    My email [email protected]
    618 792-5144
    Feel free to PM me

    I will post rules soon as I go through rule book and pull rules that apply to pwc so you don't need to.

    Hope to to get some response. Lets go racing!




    Thanks John










  2. #2
    Moderator Insanediego Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    5,885
    +1
    142
    From what I understand you need balistic shorts if you run over 70 mph not 80 mph.

    ---------- Post added at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

    Everyone in this area should get out and support this event. These drag race promoters want you there. They love fast skis. This type of racing with these promoters will be here for the long haul. Come on out and have some fun.

  3. #3
    primorxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    415
    +1
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanediego Joe View Post
    From what I understand you need balistic shorts if you run over 70 mph not 80 mph.

    ---------- Post added at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

    Everyone in this area should get out and support this event. These drag race promoters want you there. They love fast skis. This type of racing with these promoters will be here for the long haul. Come on out and have some fun.

    new rule this year 11.99 sec.in 1/4 mile for shorts comes to about 80 mph

  4. #4
    Moderator Insanediego Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    San Diego, California, United States
    Posts
    5,885
    +1
    142
    11.33 seconds in the 1/4 mile must equate to 85 mph?

  5. #5
    primorxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    415
    +1
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanediego Joe View Post
    11.33 seconds in the 1/4 mile must equate to 85 mph?
    Wanting some room to work with. Would suck to be called on a small detail like the shorts. We want the racers to govern themselves so the event is fun.

  6. #6
    Having Fun jp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,334
    +1
    261
    Thats great news and I hope the central, mid-west guys come out. Looks like you/they are really trying to put something together for the ski guys.

  7. #7
    Hydrotoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    16,712
    +1
    85
    Trap MPH and Times are NOT a direct correlation. If you go 80mph RIGHT NOW, then your Times would be much different than if you went 90mph, but struggled to get out of the gate. So they need to direct the absofuckingworthless shorts to a speed, and not an ET. I use a bungie cord to keep my $200 shorts on. Worthless, worthless, worthless...

  8. #8
    primorxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    415
    +1
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    Trap MPH and Times are NOT a direct correlation. If you go 80mph RIGHT NOW, then your Times would be much different than if you went 90mph, but struggled to get out of the gate. So they need to direct the absofuckingworthless shorts to a speed, and not an ET. I use a bungie cord to keep my $200 shorts on. Worthless, worthless, worthless...

    I was hoping that we were past all this. But I guess not. You may not like it I may not like it but that is the way it is. I am trying to put on a race or two here in the mid west to see if I will work at a national level. So I am sorry your shorts did not fit.

  9. #9
    REID2168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    8,156
    +1
    241
    to be honest i think its GREAT ...............BUT IJSBA RULES are for CLOSED COARSE BOATS IMO....this type of racing is for DRAG BOATS....i think the rules need changed before you should expect any DRAG RACERS at this event........

    SUPER STOCK should be anything EXCEPT lightened hulls, turbos and should have GAS ONLY POWERED ENGINES

    UNLIMITED is JUST that UNLIMITED...........

    IMO u try and go by IJSBA rules and your wasting your time...i would come but my boats will NEVER MEET THOSE RULES nor will anyone i know with what is TRULY A DRAG BOAT..............good luck either way friend and if the RULES change let us know so we can come run the event with our DRAG BOATS!

  10. #10
    Hydrotoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    16,712
    +1
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by primorxp View Post
    I was hoping that we were past all this. But I guess not. You may not like it I may not like it but that is the way it is. I am trying to put on a race or two here in the mid west to see if I will work at a national level. So I am sorry your shorts did not fit.
    Seriously! Stop proving what a fucking idiot you really are. One tug and these shorts fall off anyone. They won't protect anything in a tumble.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 1/4 mile drag race carter lake, ia july 24-26
    By SEADOORXX in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-11-2009, 12:54 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 09:34 AM
  3. Riva EFI what are the best settings for the EFI?
    By Eliran13 in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-25-2008, 02:01 PM
  4. NEW Reg sets for the RXPX & RXTX
    By SideFX in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-05-2008, 05:12 PM
  5. Need settings for the EFI.
    By Pistonwash in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-14-2006, 01:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •