Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I'm scared to beach my F-15x

I'm scared to beach my new f-15 (14 hours) becuase I don't want to risk scratching my hull/other bad things that could happen. Can someone convince me that it will be okay for when I go to Michigan this summer? Also this will be the first time that I will be riding my aquatrax almost every day for about a week and I'm worried that I might screw something up being in another state. Is there anything I should know before launching my baby in foreign waters?

U could use an anchor instead of beaching your ski.

+1
    Look up "Anchor buddy" in overtons.com or some of the other marine suppliers like West Maine if you don't want to beach your ski. They work great and are convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by JRINJAX View Post
    Look up "Anchor buddy" in overtons.com or some of the other marine suppliers like West Maine if you don't want to beach your ski. They work great and are convenient.
    Thanks, I ordered a PWC-sized one. I've had one of those small "PWC Anchors" for a while now but haven't tried it yet. Do you think an anchor so small will be able to hold my f-15x?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DBINX View Post
    Thanks, I ordered a PWC-sized one. I've had one of those small "PWC Anchors" for a while now but haven't tried it yet. Do you think an anchor so small will be able to hold my f-15x?
    The Anchor Buddy really helps because the bungi's stretch in it keeps the waves from yanking on the anchor, which causes it to drift.

Quote Originally Posted by JRINJAX View Post
    The Anchor Buddy really helps because the bungi's stretch in it keeps the waves from yanking on the anchor, which causes it to drift.
    Alright cool. How far out should I put my anchor/ski? And should I attach the anchor to the bow?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DBINX View Post
    Alright cool. How far out should I put my anchor/ski? And should I attach the anchor to the bow?
    I quit using the claw anchors and went to the screw in anchors on my PWC. If you get one without a long shaft you have to go underwater to screw it in/screw it out. They seem to work better than the claw anchors. In my boat I carry both types along with a couple of Anchor Buddies. I have also adapted the Anchor buddy concept to bungi docking lines that I stretch across the boat slip/dock to hold my boat/PWC away from the pilings. When I want to get in/on, I just pull and it stretches enough to reach it.

I just hook to the bow eye on the PWC and Allison has a neat setup where you just slip the loop under a bar and then around the front navigation light so you can hook/unhook it from the deck of the boat.

Alright cool, now I'm looking for a screw anchor. Do you have any reccomendations? The only one I found online got bad reviews becuase it was too short.

I went on ebay and they have a few screw type anchors. I think I may be ordering one before I head to the river.

you guys could always check out PetSmart! they have some beefy screw auger type anchors for some BIG DOG`s, lol...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information