Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

2004 MSX 110 Part-out

I've decided to throw in the towel... I'm giving up on the idea of getting this ski running. I'm going to part it out and try to recoup my investment. Before listing the parts on ebay, I thought I'd offer the stuff to people on this site. I don't know where to begin, so send a message to let me know what you need and I'll post it in the classifieds section.

About the ski... It's in pretty clean condition and has only 19 hours. The guy I bought it from said that the motor was seized, but didn't give any more details. As it turns out, it was a warped wear ring, not the motor. The motor turns freely, but the nicasil plating is flaking off of the cylinder walls and there is low compression in both cylinders. The head looks good, but the valves have some pitting/rust... probably from sitting without being fogged. The hull is white & red and has a transferable NY registration.

The motor is out of the ski and the head is removed. If you need something, I'll post it as soon as my work schedule permits. If someone is intersted in the whole package, I'd entertain a reasonable offer. The ski is located in New York (Long Island).

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Sorry to hear that it didn't work out.

If you get another Polaris, pick one without a Weber motor

The Weber engines are great when they are working well, and not much fun when they get in trouble (especially when the Nicasil fails).

Perhaps this post should be moved to the Polaris For Sale section...

+1
    This is my first and last Polaris. I'll stick with Kawi and Yamaha... maybe just Yamaha. I've gotten my education in PWC repair on Kawis and this MSX. All I ever do with the Yamaha is ride it.

It is definitely not much fun... I never came across a motor that was so difficult to work on.

As for using this section, since this model has a dedicated sub-forum, I thought it best to announce my intention to do a part-out here. I'll post the actual parts for sale in the classified section.

Sorry for your problems. I am in need of the fuel rail, I managed to break one the end hose nipples on mine. Was not sure if you intend to part out the engine piece by piece.

Quote Originally Posted by comfort54 View Post
    Sorry for your problems. I am in need of the fuel rail, I managed to break one the end hose nipples on mine. Was not sure if you intend to part out the engine piece by piece.
    If he does not have one I do. I don't want to rob a sale just trying to help.
    Call me 205-712-1435

---------- Post added at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by brad3384 View Post
    If he does not have one I do. I don't want to rob a sale just trying to help.
    Call me 205-712-1435
    Sorry about that I have a msx140 but if the fuel rail is the same call me. Thanks

+1
    where are you located

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rr44red View Post
    where are you located
    Oyster Bay, New York

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy_steven View Post
    This is my first and last Polaris. I'll stick with Kawi and Yamaha... maybe just Yamaha. I've gotten my education in PWC repair on Kawis and this MSX. All I ever do with the Yamaha is ride it.

It is definitely not much fun... I never came across a motor that was so difficult to work on.

As for using this section, since this model has a dedicated sub-forum, I thought it best to announce my intention to do a part-out here. I'll post the actual parts for sale in the classified section.
    You Just picked the wrong Polaris MSX your should have got a MSX140 you should yank that 4 stroke out and do a MSX 140 or Standard 1200 motor the MSX hull is one of the Best rides you will ever ride.
    There is a few greenhulk guys that have done it I ddi mine and I know Keddano has done one.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lovehavenfun View Post
    You Just picked the wrong Polaris MSX your should have got a MSX140 you should yank that 4 stroke out and do a MSX 140 or Standard 1200 motor the MSX hull is one of the Best rides you will ever ride.
    There is a few greenhulk guys that have done it I ddi mine and I know Keddano has done one.
    The motor is already out. What motor can I drop in without having to modify the hull?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information